Steam Summer Sales Begins - (June 19-30)

Started by Ian C, June 19, 2014, 12:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

i have put some on my wishlist, so Steam will surly annoy the shit out of me on all com-channels to let me know  when one get's a sale.

Sale rule #1: don't buy it when it is on 'normal' sale or 'daily' sale before the last day ...wait for the 8h-'flash', and if its not in the last flash, then grab it ...or wait for the next Steamsale in autumn, if your personal threshold was not reached         

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 19, 2014, 10:25:22 PM
Quote from: Toonces on June 19, 2014, 08:11:17 PM
Just FYI- more stuff is on sale than just wot is posted on the front page.  A lot of stuff is on sale for 50% off if you just search for it in the store.

Hope that helps.   O0

Will you please stop using the non-word "wot".  Thank you!

Wot choo talkin bout, Willis?

:P

W8taminute

It's a funny thing about these sales.  I've gotten accustomed to seeing great games on sale for 5 bucks that it has spoiled things for me in a way.  Last night as I was perusing the deals I saw that Age of Wonders III is down from 39.99 to something like 27, I'm not sure.  I can't remember because I was expecting to see it go down to 19.99 or less at which point I'd pick the game up. 

Must keep a close watch on the 8h flash sales.  I think MikeGER is correct, that is where you'll find the great savings.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

jomni

Damn it!  S$100 spent.  I finally bought Rome II.   And Dynasty Warriors.
European Truck Simulator 2 (+expansions) was so cheap I bought it again so that I can have it in Steam.
And it came with other older titles for free (Bus Driver, European Truck Simulator 1, Scania Truck Simulator).

And guess what, I'm going to be Beta Testing a Matrix / Slitherine game.  ::)

On a side note:
Steam Bans (and unbans) Developer of European Truck Simulator 2 for revealing a security flaw via a prank.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135476-Valve-Bans-Developer-From-Steam-for-Prank-Exposing-Vulnerability-Update

Gusington

Making History - The Great War is not on sale at all. Sad panda.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 20, 2014, 01:21:59 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 19, 2014, 01:08:49 PM

Let me know what you think about PA. $24.99 is a great price for it now.

Your profile shows you already own PA. You might have asked me just because you like it and are curious about my findings, but just in case this is one of those 'I didn't realise I already owned it!'-cases, I'd thought to point it out to you. ;)

Haven't had time to play yet. Perhaps later today.

Also, I couldn't resist picking up Disciples 3: Ressurection for a few euro's. Supposedly this version has the expansion included and is rebalanced. It now gets pretty good reviews.

My Rome 2: Total War DLC is now complete as well. ;)

Hopefully Paradox will be featured in those crazy flash sales so I can top off my CK2 and EU4 DLC as well. Then I am done... promised!

Yes, I know I have it and posted a few threads discussing the state of the game as its been developed. I bought into it when the price dropped to $60, I think, and a rudimentary AI was added.  Its definitely been improving. Haven't played any MP yet though...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Martok

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 19, 2014, 05:31:51 PM
I am going to show my will power and not buy a single thing:)

Gotta stay strong....
I'm with you, pal -- so far.  ::) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Ian C

So far: Superpower 2, All Mafia II DLC, Anno 2017 Complete Edition, Horizon...

Too many games...

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Martok on June 20, 2014, 11:49:21 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 19, 2014, 05:31:51 PM
I am going to show my will power and not buy a single thing:)

Gotta stay strong....
I'm with you, pal -- so far.  ::)

I am proud of myself...still no purchases:)

sandman2575

I can't really be proud of myself, as nothing on sale has even remotely tempted me yet.

...don't get me wrong.  i don't want to buy any more games, i have plenty...but part of me still wants to be tempted...   >:D

Arctic Blast

I did end up buying a Payday 2 4 pack...and all the DLC...and Pixel Piracy (pirate-themed roguelike? Sold!)...

RooksBailey

Darn it.  Fell victim again to Steam's machinations.  I have absolutely fallen in love with Shadowrun Returns, so I suddenly found myself taking the 75% discount on the upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition (I need that anthology to find out more more about this fascinating setting!  I haven't been this intrigued with a new sci-fi venue since I first encountered 40K!).  Then I saw that the second campaign was 60% off, so.... :uglystupid2:

Another $9 down the drain.  Total damage (Gunpoint, Shadowrun Returns/ Digital Deluxe Upgrade/Dragonfall, and State of Decay):  $22  Can't complain.  ;D
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Kushan

State of Decay + DLC is the only damage for me, for the moment. Shadowrun is tempting but I'm not sure its my type of RPG.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

RooksBailey

Quote from: Kushan on June 20, 2014, 11:19:14 PM
State of Decay + DLC is the only damage for me, for the moment. Shadowrun is tempting but I'm not sure its my type of RPG.

I was tempted to get the DLC for SoD too, but I need to play it some more before I am sure that I will ever need it.  Shadowrun...well, I am falling head over heels in love with this game.   :)  The setting is just too cool.  Neo Noir (like Blade Runner) meets fantasy...what a match!  Now I know why this game also has such a rabid fanbase.  :smitten:
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 19, 2014, 10:25:22 PM
Quote from: Toonces on June 19, 2014, 08:11:17 PM
Just FYI- more stuff is on sale than just wot is posted on the front page.  A lot of stuff is on sale for 50% off if you just search for it in the store.

Hope that helps.   O0

Will you please stop using the non-word "wot".  Thank you!

dude.. braa.... what with the negative waves? 

you know how much time he's spent under UV tanning lights.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.