India Successfully Launches Long Range Missle

Started by Barthheart, April 19, 2012, 08:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Staggerwing

Quote from: Barthheart on April 19, 2012, 08:07:45 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/20/world/asia/india-says-it-successfully-tests-nuclear-capable-missile.html?_r=1&hp

Works better than N.K.'s and no outcry from west......

That's because Indian nukes are not going to be aimed at Western nations or Israel while being a more credible threat to
Islamic nations and China than US nukes. Since relations are warming quite a bit between the US and India while they
are cooling rapidly with Pakistan it allows the US and Western Nations to keep a potential for regional influence by switching
players.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

I just saw that headline.

Agree with Stagger - India isn't running around conducting itself like a rogue nation. Therein lies the difference.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Centurion40

Besides, if we were to complain about India, all telephone customer support would be cut-off!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

This must be the other project my 'off-shore' tech team is working on.

I don't view this positively. Pakistan is definitely not happy about this and they could strike first.

Nukes anywhere in that part of the world = bad.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on April 19, 2012, 09:28:02 AM

I don't view this positively. Pakistan is definitely not happy about this and they could strike first.

India is going to have to grow up fast, and it appears as though they are.

They have the Paks on one side and the Chinese on another. As a democratic government it is almost inevitable that they will need to get cozier with the US and the West. They will also need to make plans so as to not be steamrolled by their neighbors.

I don't like the idea either, but the genie is out of the bottle. The best we can hope for is that Iran doesn't get its hat in the ring.

Gusington

^If anything, Iran will use this as another excuse for getting the bomb.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Centurion40

And maybe that is what the Illuminati, Masters of Puppets, etc. want.  Pakistan hits India, India has the moral high ground and pounds Pakistan into the stone age, reminds the rest of the world why nukes are so horrible, and takes its seat as a democratic republic at the big boy's table as a foil against China.

Barthheart

Quote from: Centurion40 on April 20, 2012, 08:33:28 AM

And maybe that is what the Illuminati, Masters of Puppets, etc. want.  Pakistan hits India, India has the moral high ground and pounds Pakistan into the stone age, reminds the rest of the world why nukes are so horrible, and takes its seat as a democratic republic at the big boy's table as a foil against China.

India doesn't need nukes to pound Pakistan into the stone age though.... just better leadership....

Centurion40

I like the status quo (Pax Americana), but there are worse scenarios than Pax Indiana in western Asia.

Centurion40

Quote from: Barthheart on April 20, 2012, 08:36:14 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on April 20, 2012, 08:33:28 AM

India doesn't need nukes to pound Pakistan into the stone age though.... just better leadership....

note that I didn't say "Nuke Pakistan into the stone age."  ;)

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Centurion40 on April 20, 2012, 08:36:55 AMI like the status quo (Pax Americana), but there are worse scenarios than Pax Indiana in western Asia.

Why the hell are the Hoosiers invading Asia?!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 20, 2012, 08:56:04 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on April 20, 2012, 08:36:55 AMI like the status quo (Pax Americana), but there are worse scenarios than Pax Indiana in western Asia.

Why the hell are the Hoosiers invading Asia?!

Harleyrider must be violating the restraining order that Dell Tech Support took out against him...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

One could argue that much of Pakistan is barely beyond the stone age as it is. Nuking it might rid us of the rats but it's not likely to reduce the technology by much.