Sid Meyer's Beyond Earth...is no-one playing?

Started by JudgeDredd, October 21, 2014, 01:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Anyone got it?

I watched a video and it kind of looked like Civ V in space. Not necessarily a bad thing, I enjoy Civ V occasionally, but for £35?? Seems a bit much for what I see as a "reskin"
Alba gu' brath

jomni

Because it hasn't been released.
what you see in Steam is pre-purchase option.

JudgeDredd

Oh - apologies.

When it showed on the main page I didn't see it saying early access  :-X
Alba gu' brath

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 21, 2014, 02:38:34 AM
Oh - apologies.

When it showed on the main page I didn't see it saying early access  :-X

Not even early access... but pre-order.

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 21, 2014, 01:09:55 AM
Anyone got it?

I watched a video and it kind of looked like Civ V in space. Not necessarily a bad thing, I enjoy Civ V occasionally, but for £35?? Seems a bit much for what I see as a "reskin"

theres a first 200 turns kind of thing at RPS

and a tear jerking trailer

i think its more than Civ 5 reskin in space but im ok with my games library at the moment

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 21, 2014, 01:09:55 AM
Anyone got it?

That was my impression.  That it's more like a Civ5 sci-fi mod. 

Which is just fine, but for the price?  We probably shouldn't be surprised.  That X-Com remake's expansion was $30 and I think it's from the same publisher.  I'll probably wait until this is on sale in the future, especially since I've never been able to dig into any of the Civ series very long.

Nevertheless, I'd still like to hear how it may differ.

Barthheart

I caved and preordered it.  :P
It releases on Friday so this weekend I'll give it a good spin.

BanzaiCat

I'd love to have it...some day. I'm in no hurry so if it takes months to get to a super-sale price under ten bucks...so be it.

Steelgrave

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

I dunno. Even if I could justify full price for a game, these days that just doesn't appeal to me.

My son recently sold a bunch of kid games he doesn't play anymore and got a huge Steam credit; he went and bought the Borderlands Pre-Sequel for $60 and finished it in two days this past weekend. He seems to have enjoyed it so more power to him, but me, I want something that's going to last me months for that much money.

Not that Civ VI: In Spaaaace isn't going to provide that kind of gaming enjoyment. This just looks like a Civ V expansion, and the 200-turn video doesn't do much to show me how 'awesome' it is. Like I said: I want it and I'll get it eventually.

You guys that get it Friday, I hope to read how much you like it or hate it by late Sunday evening.  :coolsmiley:

Steelgrave

I've always been a huge Civ fan, so even if it is Civ in Space, I'm cool with that. Your tastes/mileage may vary  8)

BanzaiCat

Ha, well, I have 532 hours in Civ V right now...I know that's not as much as some of you but that's a hunk of lifespan.

Wish I could put my finger on it. Usually anything Civ-related gets me geeking out.

Barthheart

Yeah about time on CiV... I'm approaching 1500 hrs.....  ::)

I almost didn't get this because "it looks like a CiV mod" as well.... but after seeing some more and reading again about how the game starts up, my curiosity got the better of my wallet....

undercovergeek