Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 19, 2015, 04:22:24 PM
git Martok...I thought that was a new trailer  :knuppel2:
LOL, sorry JD!  I didn't see that anyone had mentioned watching the Demigryhps video yet, so I posted it (in addition to the new Karl Franz trailer) in hopes that it was new material here (at least for most members). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

10 mins of battle footage

prepare yourself

Nefaro

That looks superb.  Especially the greenskin units.  Gonna be lotsa WAAAAGH! happening when this is out.  8)

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

&$!* me!

I'm not even a Warhammer fan...don't know too much about it but this looks awesome.
Alba gu' brath

panzerde

Very, very cool. Looks like they're really capturing the over the top nature of Warhammer in this.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Sir Slash

OK, I'm impressed. Flying units and magic could totally change the way battles play out. Were there a lot of flying units in the other Warhammer games?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 31, 2015, 09:08:07 AM
OK, I'm impressed. Flying units and magic could totally change the way battles play out. Were there a lot of flying units in the other Warhammer games?

The other gw games - yes

The other gw conversions to pc - I don't think so

bob48

Been a long time since I played the WH-FB minis games, but I seem to remember some flying units.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Skoop

Not really into the whole WH thing, but this will open up infinit modding possibilities.  I will definately buy it for that aspect, just think, Cold War total war.

Gusington

I was thinking along similar lines...I don't know the regular WH universe that well at all and this game looks a little fantastical to me. But who am I kidding...I'll get this, just [maybe] not on the first day :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on August 02, 2015, 12:38:09 PM
I was thinking along similar lines...I don't know the regular WH universe that well at all and this game looks a little fantastical to me. But who am I kidding...I'll get this, just [maybe] not on the first day :)

Warhammer Fantasy is just that - fantasy. 

It has all the typical staples of fantasy settings & gaming, but with the trademark "grimdark" Warhammer twist.  You don't really need to know a lot of details about the history of it's specific setting beforehand to enjoy it.

I mean... if you like the WH40K setting, then this is practically the same thing in a fantasy one regarding tone & style.

FarAway Sooner

Crazy beautiful graphics.  I wonder how the game play will go, but I guess with the TW series, you kind of know.

Gusington

Dwarves. Naturally I love them. They have me more excited for this title now.  O0

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Dwarves always seem angry. They are the un-happiest faction in every game. Unlike the Snow White variety who were always singing and dancing. Except for Grumpy. Why can't we have some Happy Dwarves for a change?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.