Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Bison, May 15, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I've got a 3003.  It's the same issue as earlier today.  I know some folks are losing their minds with rage right now, but I'm not surprised.  I'd like to hear the figures on units sold pre-purchase and day one.  Anyway I'm sure they'll figure out the server issue and life will go on.

son_of_montfort

Yeah... I just wished I would have worked less during the day, played some, and done work at night. Oh well.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Bison on May 15, 2012, 10:47:52 PM
I've got a 3003.  It's the same issue as earlier today.  I know some folks are losing their minds with rage right now, but I'm not surprised.  I'd like to hear the figures on units sold pre-purchase and day one.  Anyway I'm sure they'll figure out the server issue and life will go on.

Pretty much this. Looks like they have Battle.net down entirely right now, so I'd imagine they're adding server capacity.

Still haven't had a chance to play, but I've had such a tiring day that I don't particularly care. I'm not exactly the freak out about servers type, anyway...I have other games I can play until it gets sorted.

And I have a 5 day weekend coming up, so that'd be a pretty awesome time for the sorting to be done...

Bison

I've been back in game for awhile now.  Servers say they are down, but I'm in and kicking ass.

Gusington

My copy hasn't even shipped yet but with all the server issues and my current love affair with Warlock, it's OK.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Yesterday there were some issues with the servers, but I was only not able to log in for about 2 hours total.  I played for a good 8 hours yesterday.  That being said it is impossible to solo the campaign in 7 hours.  I need to start to grind for some more uber lootz for my monk.  He's a little squishy right now.

Gusington

^How the hell do you get 8 hours to play in one day??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

My initial impressions are unhappy.

I couldn't log in at all last night. Today I finally got past the server problem only to find I got a new error, 315300.

Turns out that one is caused by trying to log into the game and *tabbing* from login to password. The fix? Don't tab.

Oh, and create a new Admin account on your PC to play with since you won't be able to use your normal account to play Diablo III.

Now this is a neat WTF moment except it gets better: according to the forums I've read, this was a known bug when Diablo II was released a decade ago.

Really?

I mean, REALLY?

Were I a more cynical man I'd say they kept the bugs in just to reduce the load on the servers.

--------

Playing the game in single-player I like it but can't say I'm in love. I suspect this will be more fun with a group of friends, but right now it just looks like yet another Bioware D&D hacknslash. Nice atmosphere and graphics. The plot isn't horrible. But I'm just not crack-whore-addicted. For $60 I expected better.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Tpek

Quote from: LongBlade on May 16, 2012, 09:55:26 AM

I couldn't log in at all last night. Today I finally got past the server problem only to find I got a new error, 315300.

Turns out that one is caused by trying to log into the game and *tabbing* from login to password. The fix? Don't tab.

Oh, and create a new Admin account on your PC to play with since you won't be able to use your normal account to play Diablo III.

Now this is a neat WTF moment except it gets better: according to the forums I've read, this was a known bug when Diablo II was released a decade ago.

Really?

I mean, REALLY?

Were I a more cynical man I'd say they kept the bugs in just to reduce the load on the servers.

--------

Playing the game in single-player I like it but can't say I'm in love. I suspect this will be more fun with a group of friends, but right now it just looks like yet another Bioware D&D hacknslash. Nice atmosphere and graphics. The plot isn't horrible. But I'm just not crack-whore-addicted. For $60 I expected better.

Bioware doesn't make this sort Hack&Slash games.

And yeah, they are having server problems. Since the game is basically an Online Single Player game, and like every online game it has troubles during its launch.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: LongBlade on May 16, 2012, 09:55:26 AM

Really?

I mean, REALLY?

--------

The server issues are annoying, but I expected them.

I'm actually really digging the gameplay - but you have to make sure you follow my suggestion and use Elective Mode, then you will get more power over your character skills. Something feels "right" in this game that was missing in other ARPGs, perhaps the atmosphere. I can't say I'm addicted, because the servers didn't let me in to play long enough to get that way!

The really cool thing is that I had a game going and my friend saw me online and just jumped right into my game. That was cool, and we had a good twenty minutes of beating things up before I had to go eat dinner. Easy as pie. Once the servers get straightened out, my feeling is that it will be vastly improved.

I don't know how to share B-net IDs however. So there is that.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Gusington

Can this be officially declared an effed-up launch?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on May 16, 2012, 10:14:07 AM

Dunno. There are probably enough people playing that it can be declared a success, but I'd say they deserve credit for attempting to shoot themselves in the foot.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: son_of_montfort on May 16, 2012, 10:11:00 AM
Something feels "right" in this game that was missing in other ARPGs, perhaps the atmosphere.

Yeah, I've played ARPGs that had better mechanics than Diablo 2, but D2 was never bested in terms of atmosphere.  It was a bewitching game to play.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Gusington on May 16, 2012, 10:14:07 AM

Naw. Given the number of units this sold and the day one crush of people, I would say it was remarkably stable.

- Stephen Colbert

- Stephen Colbert

UlrichVonBek

A avast majority aren't happy and a few are fine with it. Personally I think not having an offline single player mode, where you aren't allowed to use said character online should have been part of the game. Having to be logged on to a server if your a single player gamer is just wrong. I'm waiting on Path of Exile. At least I don't have to pay out $60 to play it and I after watching PoE trailer it seems abit slower gameplay which for me is a big plus. D3 looks like it goes 100mph and I couldn't really appreciate it watching the trailers due to it's speedy animations.