Main Menu

Neptune's Pride?

Started by spelk, February 06, 2012, 04:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spelk

Do any of our Starheads from Grogland want to gather together and play a game of Neptunes Pride?
http://np.ironhelmet.com/

It's a turn a day sort of commitment, and the mechanics are real simple, but the joy comes from the alliances made and broken between the nations.

I think only one player needs to have a full account with them, I'm sure I had one a while back. The other players can join the game with a free account AFAIK. I'm willing to stump up the $10 for a month of premium - so we can set up a private game if there is the interest.

Anyway, let me know.

LongBlade

It looks like a real-time game. Still in Beta, right? Looks interesting but there isn't a lot of info about the game on the website.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

spelk

Theres a decent AAR over at Rock, Paper, Shotgun - should give you the skinny on how the game plays out.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/02/neptunes-pride-the-complete-epic/

Arctic Blast

Played this once before many moons ago...not a bad game. Simple, and it can get tense. I believe you logged in with your Google account then...not sure if that's still the case.

TheCommandTent

I too played a while ago.  Was assigned random opponents, thought I was doing well then a huge fleet appeared out of nowhere and broke through my line of fleets and took all my worlds while I tried to chase it around.  I found out later that I need to check in more often to make decisions and react.  Its hard to do when all the good websites are blocked at work.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Arctic Blast

Here's the issue that crops up in open public games : some people have nothing to do all day, and can log in to whatever they want. And those people will micromanage the Hell out of fleets and take 6 planets while everyone else is at work.

LongBlade

Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 07, 2012, 08:37:20 PM
Here's the issue that crops up in open public games : some people have nothing to do all day, and can log in to whatever they want. And those people will micromanage the Hell out of fleets and take 6 planets while everyone else is at work.

Why is everyone looking at me?

TheCommandTent

Quote from: LongBlade on February 07, 2012, 08:37:50 PM

Says the guy with a post count of 548+ when the next closest is just over 300   :P
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Quote from: SCDJ on February 07, 2012, 08:44:34 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on February 07, 2012, 08:37:50 PM

Says the guy with a post count of 548+ when the next closest is just over 300   :P

Yeah, we're having problems with the database. I'm sure that number is wrong.

So - who's up for a game?