If you want to destroy my FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, December 11, 2015, 06:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

1) Great song and sad / scary that it's 20 yrs old. That (awesome) album came out in when I was in HS.

2) If there's a spot, and depending on the timing, I might be up for some Civ4 action. Are there any house rules and what mods / expansions do you guys play with? Apologies, didn't realize this was a game in progress.

Beyond that, and besides the usual family stuff, being that I'm off work in a little bit I think I'm going to enjoy some Pillars action and some Paradox goodness (for the life of me I wish I can figure out HOI3, the OOB stuff tends to go over my head).
Insert witty comment here.

Tuna

Quote from: MetalDog on December 11, 2015, 11:13:46 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 11, 2015, 08:05:48 AM
Man I wish I had the time to join yer Civ IV game.... but I've only got one more week of work then I'm off until Jan. 4 when I fly to California for a week. So it'll be catch up and get ahead on gaming for two solid weeks.

Any time you've got time.  You are always welcome.
If Barth is on and you want to restart, I'm cool..I'm a total noob in our current game!

Barthheart

Quote from: Tuna on December 11, 2015, 01:27:11 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 11, 2015, 11:13:46 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 11, 2015, 08:05:48 AM
Man I wish I had the time to join yer Civ IV game.... but I've only got one more week of work then I'm off until Jan. 4 when I fly to California for a week. So it'll be catch up and get ahead on gaming for two solid weeks.

Any time you've got time.  You are always welcome.
If Barth is on and you want to restart, I'm cool..I'm a total noob in our current game!

No, No! Don't restart fer me. I'm too busy until the end of next week.

Nefaro

Quote from: Rayfer on December 11, 2015, 08:25:26 AM
Great music choice MD....!

2nded!

I'm kinda waffling about with no true gaming purpose.  Wasting a little time in some MMORPGs; like a mouse sniffing out the cheese in the maze.  Rift, Warhammer: RoR (if the latency isn't killing me again), Marvel Heroes, and maybe some Wildstar.  Just touring at leisure.

Will probably do some boardgaming and/or paint some minis this weekend.  Change it up, mix it about, aw yeahh. 

If I just want to straight-up shoot other people's digital steeds without any pre-planning, I'll do some Steel Ocean, WoWships, or War Thunder flyin per usual.

mikeck

Decisive campaigns: Barbarossa
Graviteam tactics: sholovo (for the tactical itch)
Probably finishing my galactic domination in Gal Civ 3
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

JasonPratt

No gaming today (unless I get to do some with the nieces tonight -- I started teaching the youngest the basic Alhambra card game rules back on Thanksgiving, so I may be able to try that again with both of them).

Tomorrow, I expect Bartheart to continue destroying my Saturday for a couple more turns of DC3: Barbarossa. And possibly for Asid to start destroying my Saturday in Campaigns on the Danube.

I completely didn't expect to spend most of my non-strategy time last week playing the Hand of Fate, but I shouldn't have been surprised I guess: the few times I fired it up before, I loved it like cake.  :smitten: We'll see if that continues.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Slick Wilhelm

This weekend's fun will consist of much World of Warships, as I try to build up my Fuso's combat strength, and learn how to properly play her. Also on tap is some more Ageod's Civil War II, some initial exploration of Ageod's Wars of Napoleon, and finally some good old World of Tanks after I've had a few too many.

World of Warships is really coming along nicely, and it is a dreadnought enthusiast's wet dream. Still waiting for the British line to appear, however. I won't be satisfied until I can captain an Iron Duke class dreadnought.

Kushan

Streaming Flashpoint Campaigns - Germany Reforged tomorrow on my twitch stream. Rest of the weekend will be Elite and CMANO scenario work, with maybe some Fallout 4, Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2 thrown in.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MetalDog

@jamus34, Barthheart and Tuna: If you gents can all agree on a time, I'd be glad to play a Civ IV game.  I am used to having several running at the same time and always looking for more.  Try to come to some kind of consensus on map type, number of AI, size, Victory Conditions, etc.

@jamus34: because I am too lazy to look, I don't remember seeing you on my Steam Friends list.  Gamespy no longer has a Civ server, so, it has to be played through Steam.  So if you want to play, look me up on Steam.  I am stophro there.  You'll also have to have a Steam copy of Civ IV to play.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

I have the full version of civ 4 on Steam (Civ 4 and all the expansions) but I only have vanilla installed right now.

I also just sent a friend invite.

I'm typically around 8-11 PM EST if that helps.
Insert witty comment here.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Gusington on December 11, 2015, 09:21:53 AM
Your lack of gaming disturbs me Bison.

Continuing on with Assassin's Creed Syndicate...really enjoying it, may be my favorite of the entire series. I also want to play some Ultimate General Gettysburg and maybe even some Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai.

Of course, the shininess of Attila TW Charlemagne beckons, but I am not ready for it yet.

What happened to Verdun?  Are we already quitting on this?

Barthheart

Hmmmm.... My CiV IV is not steam... Can I still activate it?  If not then carry on with out me.

Unless of course you want to get schooled in CiV V.  ^-^

IronX

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 11, 2015, 08:47:08 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 11, 2015, 09:21:53 AM
Your lack of gaming disturbs me Bison.

Continuing on with Assassin's Creed Syndicate...really enjoying it, may be my favorite of the entire series. I also want to play some Ultimate General Gettysburg and maybe even some Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai.

Of course, the shininess of Attila TW Charlemagne beckons, but I am not ready for it yet.

What happened to Verdun?  Are we already quitting on this?

No, no. We're going over the top this Sunday.

Edited for too many quotes within quotes.

Tuna

Quote from: Barthheart on December 11, 2015, 09:19:49 PM
Hmmmm.... My CiV IV is not steam... Can I still activate it?  If not then carry on with out me.

Unless of course you want to get schooled in CiV V.  ^-^

Didn't we play with you before? With Bismark and maybe w8t?.. That had to be Steam.. Gamespy has been gone for a long time!

MetalDog

No, Tuna.  It was Gamespy. 

No chance on Civ V Barth.  You can prolly get it cheap in the Steam Winter sale.

jamus, think I made a big mistake.  Are you Floppy Donkey so on?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob