<RAGE RANT> FU Microsoft

Started by PanzersEast, December 12, 2015, 08:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

I am sick of this.... Win10 has blown up on me before and I fixed.  Now the PoS is stuck in the Windows Repair Loop...... Forget it!!!!!!!!  :tickedoff:

PE

</RAGE RANT>

Jarhead0331

At least you're still able to post on grogheads...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

PanzersEast

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 12, 2015, 09:08:51 PM

Yea on a MAC!  LOL  :crazy2:

PE

mikeck

Damn. Yeah, I'm stil running windows 7. Hell, I just upgraded like 2 years ago from xp...why the hell do I need to upgrade again so soon. Keep getting the windows 10 window reminders but I'm waiting a few more months. No matter, just like with windows 8, wait a year or two and we will be onto windows 12
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Staggerwing

Quote from: PanzersEast on December 12, 2015, 09:10:46 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 12, 2015, 09:08:51 PM

Yea on a MAC!  LOL  :crazy2:

PE

That's the thing about PC's. You can build an Exsanguination-Edge-level gaming box but you still end up booting into Windows flavors. Keeping a trust old Mac around is always a smart move. It's like the spare Subaru AWD wagon that will still get you to work when your Dodge Charger or Ram is having a Diva moment.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

I will never cave in to the Windows 10 prompt. Never!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on December 12, 2015, 10:38:41 PM
I will never cave in to the Windows 10 prompt. Never!

That damn thing pops up once a day on my desktop PC.

-I hated the Colonel, with his wee beady eyes and that smug look on his face.  "OOOOH! You're gonna buy into my Windows10!!  Ooohhh!"-

Debated disabling it, but why spend the extra time?  If I ever switch over, it'll be at the last possible opportunity, when the kinks are ironed out.

bbmike

Let's be fair. The 'stuck in a Windows repair loop' is not new to Windows 10. And dare I even mention Windows ME?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

-budd-

Quote from: chemkid on December 13, 2015, 07:32:52 AM
http://thehackernews.com/2015/12/microsoft-windows10-upgrade.html

enjoy the season.
chem!

thanks for the link ,i followed another link to this program which i think i will donate $5 and get the add free version as i just upgraded to win10. I kinda like 10 so far, of course i turn off as many of the privacy things i could find.

Here's the link to the privacy program for any interested. http://pxc-coding.com/downloads/donotspy10-donation/   i read up on it, seems a handy program. the free version has ads.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

PanzersEast

To no avail I give up.... after trying to get this back going I have just pulled the plug.  My FSX folder alone is 500gb so it will be a pain to get this reinstalled and running, but currently that is where I am at.

PE

Crossroads

Jinxed! My kids W10 went to a infinite repair loop today. I blame myself for having read this post...  :tickedoff:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

bbmike

Right after I read this thread I restarted my computer and it became stuck on the "Restarting" window. I had to hold the power button down to turn it off and reboot.  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Crossroads

I had to recover his PC with my W10 recovery usb. No way to solve it as far as I could figure out. At least M$ got their recovery process sorted, was able to leave all his files in place although all apps were lost. So it was a matter of installing Steam again and pointing to his existing steam folder, and then to install a couple of other apps.

Could have been worse I guess... The thing is I do like W10, it is the best MS O/S so far. Some teething issues still around, it seems...
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY