Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 29, 2017, 11:28:06 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 29, 2017, 11:25:53 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 29, 2017, 11:15:09 AM
JD...can you post some pics of the manual...like, every page, in .pdf format. Thanks.

Full manual here:)

http://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/PDF/Operational_Art_of_War_manual.pdf

The hard copy is identical to the digital copy?

I thought it was...but I guess JD can confirm that for us.

Vintage Dude

I checked both the hard copy and the .pdf posted above and they seem to be identical. Whatever is on a certain page in one is on that same page in the other.

acctingman

For someone who isn't super experienced with these larger war games, would you gents suggest Strategic Command WW2 over TOAW IV for a newb like myself?

:notworthy:

RyanE

If you are a newb and unwilling or unable to put a little homework into it, I would go with SC.  I personally like TOAW a lot better, but I have been playing for 115 years. off and on.

acctingman

Quote from: RyanE on December 29, 2017, 03:14:44 PM
If you are a newb and unwilling or unable to put a little homework into it, I would go with SC.  I personally like TOAW a lot better, but I have been playing for 115 years. off and on.

115 years? Damn, what's your youthful secrets?  :))

Thanks, I was kinda of thinking that. Maybe I'll start with SC and if I enjoy that move to TOAW

RyanE

That wasn't a typo...it feels like 115.  There are some easy scenarios in TOAW.  Its the details in the UI and behind the scenes that seem to flummox newbs.  If you can live with not knowing every detail, TOAW can work.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 29, 2017, 11:15:09 AM
JD...can you post some pics of the manual...like, every page, in .pdf format. Thanks.
erm - no  ^-^
Alba gu' brath

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson