Battletech is back!!!

Started by Shelldrake, May 12, 2017, 06:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I don't have lag in RogueTech. Maybe try that?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Geezer

OK, thanks.  I found a few things to try.  Might be as simple as switching from full screen to windowed.  If nothing helps I'll look at Roguetech.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Geezer

Switching from full screen to full window looks like it made a difference in cutting the lag.  Hard to say for sure as the enemy only had 4 vehicles on the mission, but their turns definitely went faster so I'm optimistic at this point.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Geezer

Tried playing a mission tonight.  The enemy had two lances and every time one of their mechs was deciding what to do the game sat there for at least 30 seconds with nothing happening.  I quit part way through and plan to uninstall the mod.  Trouble is it's not in my list of programs to uninstall.  I also read where some people could not play vanilla after uninstalling it due to being unable to save the game.  Makes me wish I had never installed the mod in the first place.   >:(

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Geezer on September 20, 2021, 06:45:55 PM
Tried playing a mission tonight.  The enemy had two lances and every time one of their mechs was deciding what to do the game sat there for at least 30 seconds with nothing happening.  I quit part way through and plan to uninstall the mod.  Trouble is it's not in my list of programs to uninstall.  I also read where some people could not play vanilla after uninstalling it due to being unable to save the game.  Makes me wish I had never installed the mod in the first place.   >:(

Wow. That really sucks. I'm surprised. It seems like it is a quite popular mod.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Geezer

BTA 3062 changed the Steam Battletech launcher file because when I launch Battletech directly from Steam it still plays BTA 3062.  So just manually removing BTA 3062 will probably wreck my Steam vanilla version and it will have to be uninstalled and reinstalled too.   :knuppel2:

Pete Dero

Quote from: Geezer on September 21, 2021, 04:40:26 AM
BTA 3062 changed the Steam Battletech launcher file because when I launch Battletech directly from Steam it still plays BTA 3062.  So just manually removing BTA 3062 will probably wreck my Steam vanilla version and it will have to be uninstalled and reinstalled too.   :knuppel2:

Rename the MOD directory and the game should start the vanilla version (or disable all mods inside the game but that takes more time).

Geezer

That worked.  Thanks Pete!   :notworthy:  Maybe I'll just play through the vanilla campaign again since I never did finish it.

Geezer

OK, so just for the hell of it I went back to the BTA Wiki and implemented almost every change they recommended for improved performance.  Something worked because when I fired up a mission the performance was greatly improved.  The enemy only had 4 mechs but the wait time before each one moved was only a couple of seconds.  So I'll keep going with BTA and hope for the best.  It certainly adds a lot to vanilla so hopefully it will continue to be playable for me.  Now if only I didn't suck at the game, but that's a different issue.....   :P

FlickJax

Quote from: Geezer on September 21, 2021, 09:36:46 AM
OK, so just for the hell of it I went back to the BTA Wiki and implemented almost every change they recommended for improved performance.  Something worked because when I fired up a mission the performance was greatly improved.  The enemy only had 4 mechs but the wait time before each one moved was only a couple of seconds.  So I'll keep going with BTA and hope for the best.  It certainly adds a lot to vanilla so hopefully it will continue to be playable for me.  Now if only I didn't suck at the game, but that's a different issue.....   :P

:)

Geezer

Traveled to a nearby system (Cumberland) to get some more half skull missions.  Accepted a mission and the game stopped responding on the Prepping for Mission screen.   :tickedoff:

Luckily I had saved on my arrival so I'll try it again.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Geezer on September 23, 2021, 04:57:08 PM
Traveled to a nearby system (Cumberland) to get some more half skull missions.  Accepted a mission and the game stopped responding on the Prepping for Mission screen.   :tickedoff:

Luckily I had saved on my arrival so I'll try it again.

Dude, I'm having fun with RogueTech. I would just give it a shot.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Geezer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 23, 2021, 05:44:01 PM
[

No crashes or issues, other than I've read it's brutally hard?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Geezer on September 23, 2021, 06:04:20 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 23, 2021, 05:44:01 PM
[

No crashes or issues, other than I've read it's brutally hard?

None whatsoever. It is running very well.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Geezer

Got Roguetech installed and fired it up just long enough to get the main screen.  It better be good or I'll be blaming you Jarhead!   ;)