Unity of Command II - Steam Link and Q3 2019 release

Started by CJReich46, February 28, 2019, 01:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I wonder how far along the pipeline the East front is...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LoganismyHERO

Read a couple steam reviews saying the manual/documentation is crap. Can anyone confirm?

I'm wrestling between picking this up or SD II.

GroggyGrognard

I've been checking out some of UoC II gameplay on TheHistoricalGamer's Twitch channel. Good stuff.

Quote from: Ian C on November 12, 2019, 04:54:29 PM
With this and War Plan I think Xmas has come early.

It's not every year the holiday loin moistening starts BEFORE Thanksgiving.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: LoganismyHERO on November 12, 2019, 08:41:39 PM
Read a couple steam reviews saying the manual/documentation is crap. Can anyone confirm?

I'm wrestling between picking this up or SD II.

personally seems like the people in the forum are overreacting to the manual, but to each their own.  how many games nowadays truly have a great manual or any at all?  i am sure some are good, but the way people are judging this game solely on that seems a little much, especially if the game itself is decent.  how complex is the game anyway, don't typically people describe this game series as somewhat easy to play but hard to master?

but of course people free to make their own buying decisions including based on the quality of the manual, especially if good game under the covers.

Grim.Reaper

Kvothe

I was on the beta for this, and can absolutely recommend it.  If you liked the first you'll find its a huge step forward and worthy sequel.

With regards to the manual/tutorial, just give them a little time - the game is complete and they are working hard on finishing documentation asap (its been mentioned in the beta forums).

Ian C

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 13, 2019, 04:16:39 AM
Review gave high marks but also mentioned lack of information as concern

https://www.wargamer.com/reviews/unity-of-command-2/

That's a fair review. I've spent 4 hours on the game so far. Started the first main campaign mission and Overlord. I wasn't expecting the AI to be so active or challenging.

FlickJax

I played the beta too, really enjoyed it but I have a lot to learn

Gusington

The AI in the original was no slouch and immediately jumped all over me once I made a stupid move.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 13, 2019, 04:16:39 AM
Review gave high marks but also mentioned lack of information as concern

https://www.wargamer.com/reviews/unity-of-command-2/

There seem to be some lose ends in the information, but I'm used to that and basically the game is very good and fun.

LoganismyHERO

Thanks for the comments folks. Being on a limited budget and the fact that I just found out that you can sim battles in SD2, I'm going that route for now, but for sure will pick this up early next year.

Skoop

I would say SD2 is the better choice, having both strategy and tactical in one package is a winner. 

Ian C

Supply planning has tripped me up a few times and the AI has caused me to swear out loud. Good to see games of this depth.