Kerbal Space Program 2

Started by steve58, August 19, 2019, 04:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

IronX

'Not actual gameplay'. Still, a pretty awesome trailer and a definite buy.

CJReich46

WOW. . . incredible trailer. :D

I will have my new machine by then. (sigh) besides I haven't gotten the 1st one.

But seriously, that was amazing, I will be watching with interest.  :)
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Staggerwing

I noticed that the original developer, Squad, wasn't listed in the opening credits. Did they sell the rights to a second game to someone else?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 19, 2019, 07:19:37 PM
I noticed that the original developer, Squad, wasn't listed in the opening credits. Did they sell the rights to a second game to someone else?

Saw this in an article at pc gamer...looks like new devs.

Squad, the original developer, isn't working on this sequel. Instead, Simpson leads the development team at Star Theory Games—formerly Uber Entertainment, who made the Monday Night Combat series and Planetary Annihilation.

IICptMillerII

Just saw this myself and I'm very excited. I always loved Kerbal, and Kerbal 2 looks like its everything I could hope for in a sequel. Improved graphics, new parts and features... looks great!

Jo B

I have no choice, for that game I need to buy a new PC.  :timeout:

Yskonyn

The fact that Squad isn't at the wheel anymore does make me a tad sceptical.
We'll see.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Squad hasn't been involved for awhile now and the game has been supported by the new team with all the DLCs coming from the new team, as well. I'd also prefer if Squad was still piloting the ship, but it is what it is...if the sequel is half as good as the original, it will still be a must buy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

I'm not gonna lie, I initially misread this as "Kerbal Space Pogrom 2" and thought the series had taken a very dark turn.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on August 20, 2019, 02:28:09 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I initially misread this as "Kerbal Space Pogrom 2" and thought the series had taken a very dark turn.

My God...the Jews really cannot catch a break...even in the cold, dark reaches of Kerbal Space, they are persecuted.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

Finally a little news about KSP 2.

Next Gen Tech is a major feature of KSP 2. In this video, the development team goes in-depth on a number of the new engines that players will be able to utilize in KSP 2 including the nuclear pulse propulsion engine, metallic hydrogen engine, and more. This video is the first in a series of feature videos that will deep dive on the key new features of KSP 2 and the development process behind them.

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Martok

Very cool.  I didn't play the first game, but this is looking pretty damn amazing. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Millipede

This is looking sooooo good. I think I might even be developing a huge GIGGITY.  :dreamer:

steve58

Release date slips to Fall 2021.  Bummer.  Sounds mostly like delayed due to Covid19.