Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis > Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming

Secrets of the Lost Tomb with the Wife

<< < (2/2)

airboy:
I've been able to pick up three of the expansions.  The last one does not interest me.  In one scenario of an expansion you are fighting Nazis to retrieve the Holy Grail.  Wonder how they came up with that?

Sir Slash:
Great AB. If you suddenly go missing, we'll know where to look for you and who left you in there.  ::)

Nefaro:

--- Quote from: airboy on April 24, 2020, 08:55:41 AM ---I've been able to pick up three of the expansions.  The last one does not interest me.  In one scenario of an expansion you are fighting Nazis to retrieve the Holy Grail.  Wonder how they came up with that?

--- End quote ---

From what few reviews I've seen, they recommended getting as many expansions for Lost Tomb as possible.

Being a dungeon crawler style boardgame, that's what I normally expect.  They usually get much better with more "stuff".

I'm still wondering if they will ever reprint them.  Last I heard they had no solid plans but that was as of a couple years ago.

airboy:
They claim that Secrets of the Lost Station is a follow-up.  But that used the "adventure book" format that Big Trouble in Little China uses.  I do not like that format as well as the open "Secrets of the Lost Tomb" setup because you limit the replay value and also limit the ability to make interesting house rules.

We are using a quite different room search table this time.  We are also brainstorming different villain's and heroes.  My wife wants to make a Mr. T character and I'm leaning towards Jack Burton.

I've got all of the 2nd Edition Mansions of Madness add-ons and don't think they add a lot to the game aside from additional adventures.  But those are the heart of the game itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version