Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About The Witcher Universe & Franchise

Started by Gusington, November 17, 2020, 09:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Billed as 'Everything We Know About The Witcher 4' not quite true...still a good watch if you are interested in The Witcher and CDPR.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

hellfish6

Witcher 3 is certainly one of my favorite games of all time, in no small part because of the writing. Where comparable games like Grand Theft Auto and (possibly to a lesser extent Red Dead Redemption) were beautiful games, their worlds and stories are derived from a thick bundle of movie and television tropes, Witcher 3 felt honest and heartfelt and, being totally unfamiliar with Slavic mythology, also new and original.

I'm really looking forward to Cyberpunk.

I'd love to go back to the Witcher universe. And if Geralt is indeed put out to pasture, maybe placing the player into the role of a newly 'recruited' Witcher in one of the previous-tp-Geralt eras would be a good road to go down? Players would, effectively, create their own selves. Maybe the entire continent could be thrown in as an open world, and the player let loose upon it.

Gusington

Yeah, I love the world and lore that the original writer created, and CDPR did a great job with The Witcher Games. I enjoyed all of them, even some of the spin offs and card games. I enjoyed the Netflix series too. Less so, but still enjoyed it.

Cyberpunk is not really my thing, but I will be getting it on the assumption that it will draw me in like the previous games and make itself at home in my mind - basically just draw me in and open up a new genre for me. I can't give it any more potential praise than that.

And CDPR have been getting a ton of unreasonable flak lately because of the delays. The people giving them the flak need to calm down and reassess...well, everything.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd