Grand theft auto vi trailer - release 2025

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 04, 2023, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

I see they took the sequence from GTA: San Andreas where you date a Latina with a big butt who forces you to go on a crime spree, and made that into an entire game.   :Dreamer:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

Seems to also be speculation of initial release on consoles only and pc version a year or so later.

al_infierno

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 04, 2023, 08:24:07 PMSeems to also be speculation of initial release on consoles only and pc version a year or so later.

I would bet money on this approach, they've made bank with the double-dip with both GTA V and RDR 2, it's pretty much a fool proof way to squeeze out a few extra bucks.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

^I just read the same thing literally a minute ago @ PC Gamer.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

I'm here for it but I'll wait for PC this time. 

RDR2 was so much better on PC than it was on my old console.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

al_infierno

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 04, 2023, 10:05:50 PMI'm here for it but I'll wait for PC this time. 

RDR2 was so much better on PC than it was on my old console.

Same here.  They got me with the RDR2 double dip since I just couldn't wait for the PC release before playing it myself.  This time around, especially if it's only on PS5-era consoles, I'll definitely wait.

- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

I am the opposite nowadays with many of these titles, actually prefer playing on my Xbox as the games I have played seemed to have better initial releases from a performance, optimization, and stability perspective.  Seems most big pc titles nowadays require many patches to iron those things out.  By the time they figure things out, with my short attention span, I have already moved on.

Xbox graphics although maybe not as good as pc, certainly good enough for my needs.

Although they say release in 2025, I suspect just like many of the new games, it will be delayed multiple times before we even see it, which who knows by then what consoles are out then :)

CaptainKoloth

I haven't heard of this here Grand Theft Auto, is that a new WW2 hex wargame involving automobiles?

SirAndrewD

Quote from: CaptainKoloth on December 05, 2023, 10:48:15 AMI haven't heard of this here Grand Theft Auto, is that a new WW2 hex wargame involving automobiles?

Yes.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Father Ted

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 05, 2023, 04:51:56 AMI am the opposite nowadays with many of these titles, actually prefer playing on my Xbox as the games I have played seemed to have better initial releases from a performance, optimization, and stability perspective.  Seems most big pc titles nowadays require many patches to iron those things out.  By the time they figure things out, with my short attention span, I have already moved on.

Well I guess they've only got one XBox to optimize it for, whereas there are probably as many PC configurations as there are PC owners

tanqtonic

The coolest thing for me about the trailer was the Petty song --"Love is a Long Road"

Nothing more than a B-side to the single "Free Fallin' "  -- nd one of my absolutest favorite Petty songs in its own right.

It was the *perfect* song to roll with the trailer.

Saw him play it back to back nights in Houston and in Austin just after Free Fallin' released.   Just a fantastic song.

Had a weird experience in '90 with it playing -- I was on a seismic ship off Columbia when the local commandante got irked with our ship going back and forth, so he had his tiny helo gunship rip a line with its autocannon about 150 feet starboard.  That song was going on the helo deck with us sun stragglers out there when the strafing run happened.   The seismic crew chief then used it in the four bells announcements at shift change notices -- apparently it became a custom on that ship for almost a decade and a half for that song.

When we choppered off the ship later about 15 days later for shift change, the expat US warrant officer running the helo taxi flight off the ship played it *really loud* for our transit party when we did a low level race along the coast prior to cruising to the helo pad/ airport that took some of us back to home in Houston. 

Needless to say hearing that song in that trailer was really neat for me.  I havent heard it outside my truck stereo in about 20 years.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Father Ted on December 05, 2023, 01:21:25 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 05, 2023, 04:51:56 AMI am the opposite nowadays with many of these titles, actually prefer playing on my Xbox as the games I have played seemed to have better initial releases from a performance, optimization, and stability perspective.  Seems most big pc titles nowadays require many patches to iron those things out.  By the time they figure things out, with my short attention span, I have already moved on.

Well I guess they've only got one XBox to optimize it for, whereas there are probably as many PC configurations as there are PC owners

I am sure that is part of it, but regardless of the reason, console releases have been better for me and allows me to enjoy the game faster.  As I get older, less inclined to have top of the line pcs and not as worried about graphics so lately been spending more time on consoles, when that is an option.

MikeGER

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 05, 2023, 01:12:41 PM
Quote from: CaptainKoloth on December 05, 2023, 10:48:15 AMI haven't heard of this here Grand Theft Auto, is that a new WW2 hex wargame involving automobiles?

Yes.

...i am also wait for the GTA Barabarossa edition :grin:
 this newish gangsta setting is stale and give no immersion to an old white male ^^