Wizards and Warlords

Started by Myrmidon, November 19, 2020, 08:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

It's a deep, deep game, with some parts more polished than others.  I've been letting it mature for a while now,  but eagerly check in on the updates.

For myself, I'm waiting for the development to shift more to the diplomatic front.  Not because I expect revolutionary PvP Diplomacy (have we ever had that in a 4x game?), but because I find myself wanting to peacefully annex the neighboring cities that I have a lot in common with, rather than befriending them in the early game, then conquering them once I get powerful enough.  Call me squeamish, but if I'm playing the Good Guys, I can't stand to have Wood Elf Blood on the spears and swords of my troops.

jamus34

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on May 15, 2022, 04:26:44 PM
It's a deep, deep game, with some parts more polished than others.  I've been letting it mature for a while now,  but eagerly check in on the updates.

For myself, I'm waiting for the development to shift more to the diplomatic front.  Not because I expect revolutionary PvP Diplomacy (have we ever had that in a 4x game?), but because I find myself wanting to peacefully annex the neighboring cities that I have a lot in common with, rather than befriending them in the early game, then conquering them once I get powerful enough.  Call me squeamish, but if I'm playing the Good Guys, I can't stand to have Wood Elf Blood on the spears and swords of my troops.

"The only good wood elf is a mutilated, dead wood elf"

Orc commander N'gosh Stinkfist
Insert witty comment here.

W8taminute

Quote from: jamus34 on May 15, 2022, 04:48:24 PM

Haha!  That Orc/Ork name is a combination of LOTR and WH40K lore.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

jamus34

Quote from: W8taminute on May 16, 2022, 07:48:13 AM

Do I get bonus points for that one?
Insert witty comment here.

W8taminute

Quote from: jamus34 on May 16, 2022, 01:06:10 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on May 16, 2022, 07:48:13 AM

Do I get bonus points for that one?

You do indeed.  Bonus points for creativity!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

mking275

Just found this game and really want to like it. But.... Im obviously missing something. Pretty experienced with this type of game, but after nearly 40 hours of playing, I still cant figure out how to survive the endless hordes of wandering monsters.

If I build anything on a hex, there are 3 - 5 armies with super high level units attacking it instantly. I literally have not managed to maintain a single lumber yard or farm in dozens of new game attempts. I dont have archers yet, but there are multiple stacks of Pendragon Cav that appear immediatly if I build anything at all.

W8taminute

I wouldn't bother getting this game.  I was and still am so turned off by the lack of instructions on how to play the game that I can't be bothered with it anymore.  Seriously regret wasting my money on this.

FarAway Sooner

Yeah.  The rate of development and polishing has slowed down a lot.  I applaud the dev for his efforts and his full transparency in what he was doing.

But I think the velocity of development on this one just got bogged down as time went on.  I can only speculate why.