Main Menu

Serbia 1914 Team Competition

Started by Boggit, December 14, 2020, 02:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelmsm

Was looking over the scenarios and might I suggest 1914_0919_01: Blood Mountain.  It has 2 Serbian Divisions and 3 Austrian Divisions so would be a great set up for two Serbian players and three Austrians.  You could add NikolaiB to the Austrian side and we'd be set organizationally.  Both forces are close together and the action would happen pretty quickly.  One main VP hex to fight over and that with casuality points determining the game. 

NikolaiB

I am up for any scenario! I feel pretty safe committing to any length as long as I command a division.

Boggit

Quote from: nelmsm on January 23, 2021, 02:47:40 PM
Was looking over the scenarios and might I suggest 1914_0919_01: Blood Mountain.  It has 2 Serbian Divisions and 3 Austrian Divisions so would be a great set up for two Serbian players and three Austrians.  You could add NikolaiB to the Austrian side and we'd be set organizationally.  Both forces are close together and the action would happen pretty quickly.  One main VP hex to fight over and that with casuality points determining the game.
That sounds quite doable. Let's run with that.

@NikolaiB - Welcome aboard. You will play on the Austrian side. Have you got the game, or do I need to contact Rich @ JTS to see if I can get hold of a copy for you?

Both sides need to confirm their commanders in chief who will coordinate the PBEM files and allocate commands to their subordinate generals.

Let loose the Dogs of War! :knuppel2:

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

NikolaiB

Hi, if you can get a hold of the copy, then that would be great, thank you!

However, if you can't, I will be happy to get the game, this team game looks fun. There are not many chances to participate in one while only commanding a division.

z1812

Hi Blucher and Nelmsm, I suppose we should organize ourselves. How should we communicate? PM's or email, I can't think of any other option. Let me know what you think.

I not sure about how we should organize command. I wouldn't want to be the Commander so maybe one of you would like to do it. If not, we could divide the turns by three and each take a turn.

What do you think?

NikolaiB

I like email for communication, that way all my PBEM wargaming is kept in one place. My impressions with short scenarios is that having a commander is less important than having a plan that we stick too. Hopefully we will all participate in coming up with the plan instead of just pushing it all onto the commander!

nelmsm

Hey guys I just noticed that I make the 3rd Serbian player.  I'll drop out as I'd be the one delaying things anyway so you can have your two Serbian division commanders and three Austrian Commanders. Planting time in South Texas and I've been working 10 to 12 hour days trying to get everything needed down there so it might be better this way anyway.

z1812

Quote from: nelmsm on January 30, 2021, 12:19:51 PM
Hey guys I just noticed that I make the 3rd Serbian player.  I'll drop out as I'd be the one delaying things anyway so you can have your two Serbian division commanders and three Austrian Commanders. Planting time in South Texas and I've been working 10 to 12 hour days trying to get everything needed down there so it might be better this way anyway.

Good luck with the planting. 12 hour days......................I have worked more than a few of them, I don't envy you.

nelmsm

Quote from: z1812 on January 30, 2021, 04:23:43 PM
Quote from: nelmsm on January 30, 2021, 12:19:51 PM

Good luck with the planting. 12 hour days......................I have worked more than a few of them, I don't envy you.

Well all I'm doing is shipping their seed down there but I have folks planting now and the last ones won't quit until July sometime.  It does get easier though as we go along.  Hoping the long days only last another week or two. 

Boggit

Quote from: NikolaiB on January 28, 2021, 10:00:02 AM
Hi, if you can get a hold of the copy, then that would be great, thank you!

However, if you can't, I will be happy to get the game, this team game looks fun. There are not many chances to participate in one while only commanding a division.
I'll contact Rich for you.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

NikolaiB

Hi, one thing about the teams, I noticed Blucher would prefer to command AH. So, how about me and him switch sides?

Serbia:
z1812
NikolaiB
Nelmsm [Nelmsm, you can be our official advisor!]

Austria Hungary:
reapagan
matt3916
Blucher

I am going to reach out to everyone for their emails.

Boggit

Quote from: NikolaiB on February 01, 2021, 10:30:43 AM
Hi, one thing about the teams, I noticed Blucher would prefer to command AH. So, how about me and him switch sides?

Serbia:
z1812
NikolaiB
Nelmsm [Nelmsm, you can be our official advisor!]

Austria Hungary:
reapagan
matt3916
Blucher

I am going to reach out to everyone for their emails.
So long as everyone is happy, I have no objection. :)

Boggit

How's the game going? Any screenshots, comments etc?

z1812

Quote from: Boggit on February 25, 2021, 01:14:30 AM
How's the game going? Any screenshots, comments etc?

Hi Boggit, Unfortunately this team competition seems to be dead. Nickolai and I have been in touch, and have tried to contact others but without success. Thank you for trying to organize it.

If anyone shows interest in the future I am willing to participate.

Boggit

I will get in touch with them.

Rich Hamilton at JTS provided the game free of charge in good faith, and I think those players who have had the game should at the very least make an effort to keep to their side of the bargain.

If this is a problem that players will take what is effectively a free game to them and not hold to their side of the bargain - i.e. to participate, then this sends a very bad precedent to those publishers and developers who are kind enough to sponsor us. On a personal note it begs the question, "why should I bother too?"

In the meantime Z1812 will you please contact Nikolai and play the competition scenario anyway? It may be that there are good reasons why the others have been out of touch and we can feed them into the competition once things are cleared up.