Started by Jarhead0331, March 08, 2021, 11:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

That was a great write-up. Neat game.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Awesome article.  My childhood was similar in that my brother and I took over the whole house to stage battles with our toy soldiers.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I too played with toy soldiers, specifically GI Joe 'action figures,' also in the 1980s.

My grandfather would come in the room and scowl and ask 'What the hell are you doing?' and I would answer 'Playing with my GI Joes, Grandpa.' And he would pause, scowl some more and say 'War is not a toy.' Then he would walk off. I will always remember that.

Sorry to be a downer but it's what JH's writeup reminded me of instantly.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

No you're not being a downer Gus.  That's a good memory to share with us.  Your Grandpa was concerned that his grandson would grow to love war.  You are remembering the love he had for you. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^Thanks man. He had his reasons and they were definitely not bad ones.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd