Assassin's Creed Franchise to Move to 'Massively Online Games'

Started by Gusington, July 14, 2021, 05:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite gaming franchises and it has taken me a while to digest this news and decide whether it will ruin the series or just carry it onto another platform. If I understand correctly AssCreed Infinity will be one persistent online world with different chapters loaded into it periodically instead of new games coming out every year or two.

As someone who hates people and games to get away from them, my initial instinct is to mourn the loss of one of my favorite gaming series. While the more mature, calm side of my brain says 'it may not be so bad and may actually open up the possibility of more new chapters in the series.'

:pullhair:

I dunno...what do you think?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-07/assassin-s-creed-infinity-to-offer-live-online-game-service

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Sounds similar to what was done with Hitman. Not a fan of the direction, but it's not the end of the world either. Honestly, I think the series has run its course anyway.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

glen55

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 14, 2021, 05:29:37 PM
Sounds similar to what was done with Hitman. Not a fan of the direction, but it's not the end of the world either. Honestly, I think the series has run its course anyway.

The Viking one has not been able to hold my attention the way the Greece one did. Maybe because I played so much of that one that I burned out, but I think at least in part because I just couldn't get into roleplaying the leader of a band of reavers. I'm not one to go the evil route in RPGs. Also, while the combat is still good, even an improvement, it all just gets so samey.

As to whether going online only is the end of the world or not, I'm kind of agnostic: I don't love the idea, but I'll give it a chance and read the reviews. But even without that change, I am not going to be hotly anticipating new ACs any more.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Kalisspera

I can understand your mixed feelings about the news about Assassin's Creed Infinity. It's always tough when a beloved franchise takes a new direction. But who knows, it might actually turn out to be a great thing for the series. On the topic of gaming, have you tried these [REDACTED]? I recently discovered a great site with a vast collection of games and I've been having so much fun exploring it. Maybe you could check it out too, and maybe find a new game to enjoy while you wait for the next chapter of Assassin's Creed. Keep an open mind and remember that change can sometimes be a good thing!