text based RPG just dropped on my site

Started by MiniHexer, July 23, 2021, 01:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniHexer

https://l8rpress.itch.io/

Hope you guys are as old as i think, because my Text basher is very old skool. its turn based and is quite fun, you are a dark lords messenger running erronds in a dungeon, but if you dont navigate to dungeon fast enough you will suffer, all the usual RPG stuff skills , stats, treasure, searching, random maps, fighting monsters

steve58

I am old enough to remember playing Adventure on a PDP-11 back in college in the early 80s.

Fun times back then, but I'm not sure, I'm ready to relive text-type games.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

MiniHexer

yes! I have removed the game now, thanks for your guidance

al_infierno

I was interested in checking it out  :(
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MiniHexer

i have attached the game to the top post of this thread for you :)

al_infierno

Thanks - just a bit odd that you took it down from your website just because one guy said he wasn't particularly interested in it.   :peace:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MiniHexer

he just confirmed my thoughts , but because i programed it, I get bias

steve58

Quote from: MiniHexer on July 23, 2021, 06:33:45 PM
he just confirmed my thoughts , but because i programed it, I get bias

MH, sorry you took it that way, no bias was intended.  :(   Just because I stated I wasn't going to be interested, doesn't mean others wouldn't be.  I think its great you are making games you want/like.  I always liked programming, just never was able to come up with an idea/concept that I wanted to pursue.
Keep it up.  O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

ArizonaTank

Quote from: MiniHexer on July 23, 2021, 05:20:41 PM

I agree, leave it up for some time....it takes us a while sometimes to get to it....

My personal favorite text game was Bureaucracy, scripted by Douglas Adams (yes, the Hitchhiker's Guide guy). It was very funny. But 1987...a long time ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bureaucracy_(video_game)
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Rayfer

Quote from: ArizonaTank on July 24, 2021, 01:20:48 AM
Quote from: MiniHexer on July 23, 2021, 05:20:41 PM

I agree, leave it up for some time....it takes us a while sometimes to get to it....

My personal favorite text game was Bureaucracy, scripted by Douglas Adams (yes, the Hitchhiker's Guide guy). It was very funny. But 1987...a long time ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bureaucracy_(video_game)

I remember one from decades ago...I think it was called Zork...?  Had a lot of fun with it but would have no interest in it now.