Imperiums Greek Wars

Started by matt3916, August 06, 2021, 04:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt3916

On sale for 40% off ($18) at their web site, https://imperiumsgame.com/purchase/

Limited time offer celebrating their one year release.  I can't recommend this game highly enough.  Is on my list of desert island games.  If you enjoy strategy games, you should own this.

Wolfe1759

Thanks for the heads up on this, just bought it, now to find the time to play it :)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Gusington

Alexander the Great DLC is 'imminent'...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Gusington

I feel like I've been waiting for it for months!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Me too. Cracking game with brilliantly supportive developer and intelligent diplomacy.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

steve58

...and now on sale on Steam for $17.99 until Aug 16.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1183470/Imperiums_Greek_Wars/

A bit tempted by this one.  Is it much different than Aggressors: Ancient Rome?  I think/thought/heard they were done by the same devs, and they look very similar, but one says Kubat Software, one says Kube Games.  Inquiring minds want to know!

update: Ah, a little digging tells me same game designer, but now self publishing...hence the new dev name.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

If it's on sale could it mean that the Alexander the Great DLC cannot be far away??

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Quote from: Gusington on August 09, 2021, 03:46:30 PM
If it's on sale could it mean that the Alexander the Great DLC cannot be far away??

Did ya wishlist it?  Sez you will get a "launch discount" if you do...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Wishlist discount?  Now there's a new one
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

steve58

Gusington

I think it's ten percent but don't quote me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Alexander DLC release date appears to be October 7th.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd