Main Menu

Far Cry 5

Started by demjansk1942, August 07, 2021, 10:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

demjansk1942

Free weekend of the game and it's about 55gb download.  Before I started the download from Epic Launcher, I checked out Steam and a bunch of the reviewers said it was a waste of time due to Ubisoft drm.  It's about 8.99 on Epic or Steam.

Silent Disapproval Robot

You have to have the Ubisoft app to run it.  I personally didn't care for it very much.  Really repetitive gameplay and the enemy spawn rate is way too frequent.  Nearly every time I started a fight at a road crossing, a bunch more random enemies, animals, and civilians would spawn in and wander into the fight. While it sometimes produced unintentional comedy (badgers and skunks attacking a bunch of cultists as panicky civilians sent off a chain reaction of exploding station wagons as they slammed into one another while trying to escape the area), mostly it was just annoying.

ArizonaTank

I personally like the game a whole bunch...I've put about 50 hours into it.  Sure it has a thing or two I don't like (some mandatory story segments for example)...but overall I find it to be a nice, fun, open world adventure. There are tons of vehicles, weapons, bad guys and a huge map. Several strategies to get to game end. Personally I usually get a good sniper weapon and use stealth. But going in with guns blazing is an option as well. But you do have to put some brain cells into getting good results. More than just a mindless shooter.

As far as the DRM is concerned...well its Ubisoft...so all their stuff has the same DRM.  I don't like it...but I also don't find it to be too odorous. 

Is it a bargain at the sale price of $8.99...YES! IMHO

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

demjansk1942

Good job guys, I bought last year the ghost recon breakpoint but don't play it much