Main Menu

Polk Salad Friday

Started by Tripoli, October 08, 2021, 11:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Just beat Andariel in Diablo II - took several tries and deaths. Still enjoying it though. Advanced on to Chapter 2, but I think I am going to switch it up a bit and go back to Diablo III as the Necromancer (Lvl 54) as I am in Act 4 and curious as to what comes next.

Going to fire up Age of Darkness now and check it out.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Nice.  I always enjoyed Druids for the Werebear and Werewolf skills.  I made a Necromancer since they were always my #1 class, I love rolling with my skelly squad and spamming bone and poison spells.  Barbarian and Pally were probably tied for my #2.  I've just gotten to the outer cloister and poised to kill Andariel and get to Act 2 tonight.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

^HA yeah the werebear and werewolf are a trip. I grew to rely on the fire spells too...those are really really good at 'crowd control,' even for stronger enemies.

Andariel wears some kind of odd high heeled leather boots or something. While fearing for my druid's life I found myself weirdly entranced.

And yeah in D3 I formed a mini army with my necromancer with a squad of six armored skeletons as well as 2-3 other minions. D3 really got that feeling of commanding a supernatural squad down pat.

Now I am torn...I enjoyed both the druid and the necromancer...didn't think I would enjoy D2 Resurrected as much. And of course there is new Diablo 4 material to check out but it will be a while before that game is even close to ready for release.

I should just be satisfied that I feel like I am getting appropriate bang for my buck with Resurrected...it could have gone either way, I think.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Fire spells are indeed great for melting hordes of enemies, but be warned if you plan on playing through on Nightmare and Hell difficulties (aka New Game+ and New Game++), on Hell difficulty many common enemies are entirely immune to elemental magic.  I had a cold-focused Sorceress in the original D2 and her run came to a screeching halt when I realized standard imps in Act 1 are entirely immune to cold spells on Hell difficulty  :-[

I forgot all about Diablo 4, definitely curious what direction they'll take the game.  I wasn't a big fan of D3 if I'm being honest, so D2 with improved graphics makes me happy long time.  :crazy2:

By the way, I just learned from the updated UI that while running, your defense value is effectively ignored, so you are almost certain to get hit by enemy attacks.  Walking is fine though.  Played this game for 20 years and never knew this!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

^I didn't know that either and I had to do a lot of running to beat Andariel!

I have already started bumping into random enemies that are immune to magic - single ones so far though so I just clobber them with my melee weapon, for now.

I can see that being impossible if there are more than a few that are immune and then getting overrun. Which brings us back to the Necromancer and why I love that class...magic and the hardcore squad. Nothing better :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

^And beating Diablo himself in Diablo III - did that yesterday in a final battle that almost cost me my mouse and fingers. Now I will casually enjoy the DLC Act V of Diablo III. Glad I switched it up over the weekend.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^Haha!  That reminds me.  My youngest trashed my 80 dolla Corsair mouse last year playing the Sims.  I was not happy.  So now when she wants to borrow my computer for gaming I let you use a cheap 20 dollar Logitech mouse. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

When I upgraded my PC last year I got a Roccat Swarm mouse. IIRC it cost me about 50.00 but it is excellent. Not wireless, but I don't need wireless anyway.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

My Corsair is wired as well.  There is no performance issues when you use wired mice. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Dammit Carl!