Started by Jarhead0331, September 07, 2012, 06:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

..are open at Steam.  Go buy!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Capn Darwin

I've had the deluxe version on pre order with game stop for a couple months. I'm ready to start busting some alien ass. Also hoping we get a Grog multiplayer group going. Really stoked for this one.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Grim.Reaper

They have a pretty unique reward system for pre-orders.  Instead of individuals getting something default free, the more people that pre-order increase the level of the rewards you'll get.  That seems pretty cool.

Greybriar

For 72 hours only, preorder from Newegg.com and get $12 off. Use the code EMCNANC23 at checkout.

Sorry, U.S. residents only.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Greybriar on September 07, 2012, 10:21:41 AM
For 72 hours only, preorder from Newegg.com and get $12 off. Use the code EMCNANC23 at checkout.

Sorry, U.S. residents only.

Do you get physial copy or just steam code from them?

Barthheart

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 07, 2012, 07:05:39 AM
They have a pretty unique reward system for pre-orders.  Instead of individuals getting something default free, the more people that pre-order increase the level of the rewards you'll get.  That seems pretty cool.

Be interesting to see how well this works... If they only get 90% of the preorders required to get to level 1 rewards then those 90% are gonna be pissed they don't get anything. Might make a lot of people wait to see if the game makes it to level 1 before they pre-order which could cause the "only 90%" case....

Onion

I so want to pre-order but I just can't based on the track record of Sid aka Firaxis destroying the games of my youth like Pirates! and that thing called Railroads.

I just hope it doesn't suck.

Capn Darwin

Onion,
Got to the XCOM Enemy Unknown Facebook page and watch the videos from PAX and other locations. The game looks very good.

Silent Disapproval Robot

The tier 2 incentives are a bunch of Team Fortess thingies? Well yippie.... ::)

LongBlade

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 07, 2012, 01:03:36 PM
The tier 2 incentives are a bunch of Team Fortess thingies? Well yippie.... ::)

Team Fortress can be be something of a way of life. I run hot and cold on it, but some guys live for all the tie-in loot available. I can see the allure. It won't make a difference with regard to my decision to purchase it, but I wouldn't mind the loot next time I go gaming.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JudgeDredd

It looks quite cool...maybe - before Sleeping Dogs I think
Alba gu' brath

Tpek

Well, this is interesting.
First time I checked the pre-order page it said it was 48% of the way to Tier 1 rewards.
Later it said 67%. Now it says a mere 33%. So, either it's all bonked up, they decided to up the amount needed,
Or a whole load of people immediately cancelled their pre-orders in a single hour. :P

Also, Gamersgate has the game for pre-order as well, and has no mention of this (despite using Steamworks).
It only says you get the first tier, and you get it for certain (regardless of number of pre-orders).

EDIT: And a second later, it's at 78%. :P

Silent Disapproval Robot

Nope....nope.   Not gonna do it!  Stay strong. I just about clicked the buy button at GG.

I promised myself that I'd never to another pre-order after the last couple of debacles.  I'll let someone else be the guinea pig this time around.

Barthheart

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 07, 2012, 02:23:56 PM
Nope....nope.   Not gonna do it!  Stay strong. I just about clicked the buy button at GG.

I promised myself that I'd never to another pre-order after the last couple of debacles.  I'll let someone else be the guinea pig this time around.

+1

Capn Darwin

Go to your local Game Stop or equal, pre-order and get the hard copy with all the cool extras. The pre-order gets you the Elite Soldier Pack, the PC hard copy version gets you a ton of cool swag as listed below.

Special Edition of XCOM: Enemy Unknown

•Fold out poster of the XCOM base
•Art book detailing the conceptual journey of re-imagining the classic
•Patch of the XCOM "Vigilo/Confido" insignia
•Digital bonus items including multi-monitor desktops, soundtrack, and more