Main Menu

X-COM Preorders

Started by Jarhead0331, September 07, 2012, 06:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgb

Quote from: Barthheart on September 07, 2012, 02:24:41 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 07, 2012, 02:23:56 PM
Nope....nope.   Not gonna do it!  Stay strong. I just about clicked the buy button at GG.

I promised myself that I'd never to another pre-order after the last couple of debacles.  I'll let someone else be the guinea pig this time around.

+1
+2

airboy

I was very dissapointed with two recent Frixasis releases (Civ 5 and Pirates). 

They do not have the track record to entice me to pre-order anything.

Also, a release this big will have tons of reviews and lots of commentary by players pretty shortly after release.  I'm for other people being the beta-testers.

But don't let me stop you from spending your money.  Enjoy and hope it is a great game!

Greybriar

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 07, 2012, 10:58:58 AM
Quote from: Greybriar on September 07, 2012, 10:21:41 AM
For 72 hours only, preorder from Newegg.com and get $12 off. Use the code EMCNANC23 at checkout.

Sorry, U.S. residents only.

Do you get physial copy or just steam code from them?

Retail boxed.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Tpek

Quote from: airboy on September 07, 2012, 02:40:38 PM
I was very dissapointed with two recent Frixasis releases (Civ 5 and Pirates). 

They do not have the track record to entice me to pre-order anything.

Also, a release this big will have tons of reviews and lots of commentary by players pretty shortly after release.  I'm for other people being the beta-testers.

But don't let me stop you from spending your money.  Enjoy and hope it is a great game!

Urrr, the 2 most recent releases are the Civ5 series, and Civ4 Colonization.
Pirates was long ago, and that is talking about the remake :P (the original is ancient)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Greybriar on September 07, 2012, 03:48:47 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 07, 2012, 10:58:58 AM
For 72 hours only, preorder from Newegg.com and get $12 off. Use the code EMCNANC23 at checkout.

Do you get physial copy or just steam code from them?

Retail boxed.

Thanks...but what I don't understand is their price is $59, then with discount it is $47.  Other sites like steam and gamnersgate by default selling at $49.  Maybe because a box copy?

Capn Darwin

In north america the retail is the deluxe addition at $59. The electronic and console versions are $49.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Capn Darwin on September 07, 2012, 05:32:52 PM
In north america the retail is the deluxe addition at $59. The electronic and console versions are $49.

Gotcha...thanks for clearing up.

Capn Darwin

Tuna,

That price in the PC Download and not the boxed special addition.

Interesting to see amazon has the xbox and ps3 at 60 bucks and they ARE NOT the special addition. Gotta love those consoles having lower game prices since the platform is stable and easier to code for. Fail!
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Onion

Wow thanks for reminding me about Civ:Colonization, another ruined memory, I was actually thinking of breakign down and pre-ordering.

Bison

Haha.  Personally I'm waiting for Christmas time.  I've no doubt this baby will be on sale and we will know for sure of its quality.

Arctic Blast

Quickest pre-order for me since Borderlands 2...a week ago.  ;D

Grim.Reaper

Just some info on this.. I checked with their support and no pre-order bonus packs come with it.  Not sure that is a big issue or not, but just thought people would like to know.

Arctic Blast

Pretty good hands on report on Rock Paper Shotgun : http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/09/13/hands-on-forty-hours-with-xcom/

I need to stop reading these things, because they make me want this right now. And it's still weeks away.

jomni

I seldom buy major games at release prices anymore.  I always wait for them get old and go on sale.
I buy indie and wargames at full price to show my support though.