Warlock Multiplayer thread

Started by MetalDog, November 25, 2012, 12:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Me and bob48 have had two sessions the last two days, and during this last one, he mentioned that Warlock looked as if it would be sticking around this community for a while.  I certainly agree.  It has that, "one more turn" feel of all the good turn based games.  It's intuitive for any one who plays those types of games with research, battle, city building and resource balance to satisfy that "Civ" jones.  The hexes keep things manageable and the upgrade system attaches you to your units.  All in all, I would say this is a win all the way around. 

What I hope this thread will be for is to post screenies, talk about your games, find opponents and, until undercovergeek writes the definitive AAR, tell your stories here, too.  Of course, because I would desperately like to start this off with some shots of mine and bob's game, I didn't think to take any screenshots of it.  So, until next time, I'll just give a quick rundown.

I am on an island.  I have wiped out the neutrals and the monsters.  I have six cities and I am building two more.  Above ground, that is.  There are also two portals on my island.  I have invaded one of them and set up a city.  My best troops are down there, two Lords, a minotaur, a Stubborn Knights, Eleven Archers and a Hunter and a Warrior.  I was cleaning up the area pretty quickly when two Greater Fire Elementals stepped out of the Fog followed by a Gold Dragon!  The Dragon ate my second Minotaur unit (the one with all the Perks) and I pulled back to the city.  The Dragon has attacked and driven off my miontaurs with heavy losses.  The plus side is, I will get three shots at the Dragon with missiles and then three attacks with my fighter units.  I should also be able to heal the minotaurs enough to contribute as well. 

Unfortunately, the tyrant bob, declared it was time to save as there were some domestic duties to take care of.  I think that the Lich King sprang an unseen army on him and he's planning how to run away, but we'll see come next session.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

Dammit MD, you saw through my 'Run Away' master-plan!

I have the Liche king at my mercy - he just don't know that right now.......
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

Quote from: bob48 on November 25, 2012, 01:24:01 PM
Dammit MD, you saw through my 'Run Away' master-plan!

Like sarcasm, just another service I provide :-)

Barthheart

Did you figure out how to have more than 2 people talking in the voice chat?

bob48

Its worked fine so far for MD and I, and it worked ok for Huw, Geek and I, so no idea why you guys are having a problem with it.

'Clip those corners'

TheCommandTent

Do all the players need all the DLC to be able to play?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bob48

As far as we can tell, no. I know that is some of our first games, only I ha dthe Elf expansion and no problems were enountered.

If its any help, if any of you guys want to try and see what works, and I'm on steam, just yell and we'll give it a go. I'll create a MP game specially as a 'testing ground'.

'Clip those corners'

MetalDog

Some screenshots of a game between me and Gus.  I'm blue and he's red.

LongBlade

You guys doing coop or just waiting for the end to crush one another?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MetalDog

We are in an uneasy and wary peace.

Gusington

What 'Phro meant to say is that in this game my undead civ is a beacon of green light to the world.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on November 27, 2012, 08:16:46 AM
What 'Phro meant to say is that in this game my undead civ is a beacon of green light to the world.

I would expect nothing less.

In one of my games I managed to unlock a Draco-lich (wasn't playing undead). The really cool thing was I managed to shepherd him along until he got some awesome abilities. It fething dominated the game. It's much harder to do as the undead player. I was Human and unlocked it on my first or second treasure find. Talk about awesome.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

Is there an MP coop mode in Warlock?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd