Main Menu

The Witcher 3

Started by Tpek, February 06, 2013, 01:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Thanks Pete

mmm...£15 extra for the convenience of Steam?? Worth it??

Not that I've decided I'm buying yet  :P
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

Anyone actually playing it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Quote from: Gusington on May 20, 2015, 08:07:52 AM
Anyone actually playing it?

But of course! :)
It's quite enjoyable.
Don't have much else to say about it right now.
I'm still quite early in the game.

But hey, kinda like Dragon Age 1, it has a possibility for a threesome (Yennefer and Triss) if that's your thing  ::)

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tpek

^Yep, but I actually developed an appreciation of Triss along the years (a sexy young redhead with the power to do just about anything, and will do anything for you...  >:D )

JudgeDredd

I didn't really believe I'd last past getting home from work  :'(
Alba gu' brath

TacticalWargames

I find I can max out he graphics no problem at all so that side of it is well optimised. Gameplay..seems like Witcher 2 but this time you get notice boards to take on jobs. Nothing ground breaking or revolutionary here. Still enjoyable so far.

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 20, 2015, 08:44:38 AM
SOLD!  :D

The half-naked Witcher Girls are gonna make a Filet-O-DigitalDredd sammich!

So... is Witcher 3 as "open world" as Skyrim?  Or are you still being led about for the most part?

panzerde

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 20, 2015, 11:42:47 AM
I didn't really believe I'd last past getting home from work  :'(

Well, you beat me on this one. I'm holding out for a few more days to hear if there's anything seriously broken. Plus, I just don't have the gaming time to do this justice right now!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Gusington

If it's as open as Skyrim I'll get Witcher 3 as soon as I get my new rig (in a week or two).

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Nefaro on May 20, 2015, 03:45:53 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 20, 2015, 08:44:38 AM
SOLD!  :D

The half-naked Witcher Girls are gonna make a Filet-O-DigitalDredd sammich!

So... is Witcher 3 as "open world" as Skyrim?  Or are you still being led about for the most part?
I honestly can't say. For a start, I'm still in the opening sequences and just going with the flow and second, I'm not sure I played Skyrim enough to know how open world it was.

I much prefer the look of this one. It's much more colourful than Skyrim.
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Was it just me? I thought Skyrim had a washed out look to it.

Maybe I just forget - I'll fire it up and look at it again - I don't want to cause anyone to go over the edge  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Rayfer

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 21, 2015, 12:27:57 PM
Was it just me? I thought Skyrim had a washed out look to it.

Maybe I just forget - I'll fire it up and look at it again - I don't want to cause anyone to go over the edge  ;D

Yes, it did, just like Fallout 3 had too. I think it was by design...making it more gritty, harsh, etc. I liked it.  I still haven't seen anyone address the open world questions....Witcher 1&2 weren't like Skyrim at all in that regard. I suspect 3 isn't as well but I don't have it so I can't comment.