Warhammer 40K Space Marine Dreadnought DLC

Started by LongBlade, January 28, 2012, 05:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

I wish they would release some single player DLC. I would love to get this Dreadnought DLC if a clan was formed here or somesuch.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on January 28, 2012, 05:53:33 PM
I wish they would release some single player DLC. I would love to get this Dreadnought DLC if a clan was formed here or somesuch.

+1 on the prayer for single player DLC.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on January 28, 2012, 05:53:33 PM

Forming a clan is easy enough. But because we can't host dedicated servers I'm not sure how easy it will be to game together. I've seen guys in twos and threes but nothing terribly extensive.

But I'm always up for some FPS gaming with you guys.

Gusington

Well right now there's three of us in here :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on January 28, 2012, 06:46:48 PM
Well right now there's three of us in here :)

Yeah, but the next couple of hours are blocked off for family movie night. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

spelk

Quote from: LongBlade on January 28, 2012, 05:46:50 PM
Anybody tried the new DLC?

I've played it on the 360, it's satisfying to finally see a Dreadnought in action. However, Dreadnought Assault seems to be a very frustrating mode of play. Mainly because whoever grabs the Dreadnought in time, usually wins the round. Especially if the server is only populated with about 3 or 4 players in each team.

The withering fire the Dreadnought can lay down is amazing, the only hope you have is to swamp it from all sides. However, with limited numbers playing, the other teams "roamers" were able to fend off much of the Dreadnought-less team, and that usually meant one marine against one Dreadnought situations arising and they never end well for the lone marine!

I did see a Dreadnought go down in one battle, but it took a quirk of fate to drop all the other teams supporting players around a similar time, for the Dreadnought to be left on its own (during their spawn time), then cross fire and grenades manage to eat away at its health till it fell. However, needless to say, the re-spawned support was on the Dreadnought capture area in double quick time, and the enemy secured another Dreadnought easily. We lost again.

I'd like to see the mode played out with a lot more people online, I'm sure it could be exhiliarating on both teams that way. Theres certainly something satisfying locking down your Devastator next to Dreadnought, and seeing the opposition obliterated. Support is expendable, the Dreadnought is everything!

Sadly, I've never been nimble enough to get to the Dreadnought spawn fast enough to pilot the thing. Since your score is usually 30 kills+ in the Dreadnought, compared to 5+ on foot, its a very sought after role so the cowardly fly boys/jetpack jockies usually get there, before us Heavy Bolter die hards make it. ;)

LongBlade

Centurion40

Ok, I'll HAVE to hook-up the internet to my Xbox!  I still haven't downloaded the Black Templar skins!
Any time is a good time for pie.