Pendragon RPG

Started by Toonces, February 01, 2012, 01:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

I'm here! I'm here!  :)
Never got any invite from you Toonces....  ???

I've got my charater all ready to go and was waiting at WG for the start..... just found this place.   :-\
I've got a  Coat of Arms as well.

LongBlade

Quote from: Barthheart on February 14, 2012, 07:39:47 PM
just found this place.   :-\

Sorry we didn't grab you. Keep in mind that we're not excluding anyone - it's more like a beta test until we get everything working. More on the front page than anything else; the forum software seems pretty solid.

Anyway, how'd you find us? We're glad you made it, but it's curious since we're really not advertising right now :)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

Quote from: LongBlade on February 14, 2012, 08:02:27 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 14, 2012, 07:39:47 PM
just found this place.   :-\

Sorry we didn't grab you. Keep in mind that we're not excluding anyone - it's more like a beta test until we get everything working. More on the front page than anything else; the forum software seems pretty solid.

Anyway, how'd you find us? We're glad you made it, but it's curious since we're really not advertising right now :)
No worries.  ;)

Capn Darwin posted about it on a couple of CSW pages. Thought I'd check it out and lo and behold yer all here! :D

Arctic Blast

You went ahead and made a coat of arms? Geez, I really need to get on this. You're making me look bad!

Barthheart

Gots me a family tree as well! I'm Godric de Pitton. Used the family histroy stuff in the rules. Great fun. I just need to write up the de Pitton history.

Toonces

Shit hot guys!

Sorry, Barth, I must have been really drunk when I PM'd you because I remember doing it, but I guess I hit delete instead of send or something.  Hmmm.  Well, no worries, we're all here now so we can get going.

We'll finish character creation in this thread and then I'll start another thread for the campaign once we're all ready to start.  Let me know if you guys need any help.  It sounds like everyone has the rules, so it should be smooth sailing getting the characters generated.

We're going to start with the first introductory adventure in the rule book, work through the simple combat mechanics, and then once we get everyone knighted we'll start the grand campaign.  So, remember, you guys are all budding squires on the verge of knighthood and make your characters so.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Barthheart

Godric is all ready to go. Just waiting to be knighted.

Barthheart

Oh and the location of our ancestral home.

Staggerwing

I've still got to get ahold of the rulebook since I haven't a clue what I'm doing.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 15, 2012, 07:50:39 PM
I've still got to get ahold of the rulebook since I haven't a clue what I'm doing.

I've never played D&D either in any form. The rule book is actually a really good read if you are at all interested in the time period or the Arthur legend.
It has all you need to get a character going, including all the optional stuuf I used to get a family history.

The coat of arms I just created from scratch using a free online app that Reich36 pointed out on WG:

http://www.inkwellideas.com/coat_of_arms/free_coads.shtml

The family tree was created using a free download:

http://www.myheritage.com

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Barthheart on February 15, 2012, 08:01:33 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on February 15, 2012, 07:50:39 PM

I've never played D&D either in any form. The rule book is actually a really good read if you are at all interested in the time period or the Arthur legend.
It has all you need to get a character going, including all the optional stuuf I used to get a family history.

The coat of arms I just created from scratch using a free online app that Reich36 pointed out on WG:

http://www.inkwellideas.com/coat_of_arms/free_coads.shtml

The family tree was created using a free download:

http://www.myheritage.com

Much respect for going so far as to actually create a family tree. Good grief!  :o

The product of my toil shall be far, far lazier...a filled out character sheet.  ;D