Pendragon RPG

Started by Toonces, February 01, 2012, 01:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Hey guys.

I'm sure most of you saw my thread over at WG soliciting interest in a Pendragon RPG by forum post. 

I don't know if there's enough interest to have two concurrent forum RPG's going at the same time, but let me know if you guys would have interest in moving the game over here.  I sense this sucking of my fellow wargamers to this site and, fortunately, I haven't invested too much time at WG yet so it's not too late to move forums.

If two games is too much, I'll defer to MetalDog since he was here first, and we can pick up Pendragon later.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Arctic Blast

Wherever it ends up happening, I'm still in.

I suppose I should keep reading the core book... ;)

Toonces

Well look what the cat dragged in!

If Barthheart comes by, we'll run the game here.  The wargamer forums sketch me out- Caffeinator's thread tonight is a perfect example.  That's all I need is for us to be 100 posts into our campaign and the thread locks up somehow.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

TheCommandTent

I would be interested, but I've never played Pendragon before.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

Quote from: Toonces on February 04, 2012, 04:37:25 AM
Well look what the cat dragged in!

If Barthheart comes by, we'll run the game here.  The wargamer forums sketch me out- Caffeinator's thread tonight is a perfect example.  That's all I need is for us to be 100 posts into our campaign and the thread locks up somehow.

Are Caffeinator and MC82 the same guy? I don't know why I think that. Must be the Coffee sig.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Arctic Blast

Quote from: SCDJ on February 04, 2012, 08:03:54 AM
I would be interested, but I've never played Pendragon before.

Neither have I. You can pick up a PDF of the core book for about $17, but it doesn't seem THAT complicated to try to wrap your head around so long as toonces is willing to be patient when describing game concepts to you.

The only time the lack of book would likely be a real pain is during character creation.

Anyway, I'll get down to reading it this coming week. What with going out to watch the UFC event tonight with a few buddies, and the Super Bowl tomorrow, this weekend is pretty full.

Toonces

Guys, we're going to be super flexible on this to start.  I have enough disposable income that $17 isn't that big of a deal, and besides that, I find the rulebook a true treasure of medieval info that I didn't otherwise know.  This isn't unprecedented; I have a lot of boardgames that I bought solely to get their OOB for other games...

If you guys can't, or don't want to roll up a character, there are pre-generated characters that you can use, or even hack them up point for point.  This is about fun. 

Staggerwing, we can work through the rules together online, no big deal.  This game isn't hard, and really, this is more about the experience than the "game" so, you know, we'll work it.

Staggerwing

Toonces,
I'd only be able to devote a little bit of time to it every evening. As I mentioned in Stophro's (err, MetalDog's) thread
I've not ever even played one of these games face to face, never mind online. I don't mind getting a copy of the
rulebook if it is indeed just $17. Is there a lazy link you could throw out?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

This is where I got it:  http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=3163&it=1

But, don't feel like you have to buy it, especially if you don't know if you'll be playing.  I hate to see you buy it instead of like 6 games on Steam.

Toonces

I invited Barthheart over here...I'll wait on hearing from him and then we'll get this party started.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Toonces on February 08, 2012, 12:54:04 AM
I invited Barthheart over here...I'll wait on hearing from him and then we'll get this party started.

Did some more reading tonight, particularly of the Character Creation and Skills stuff. Sounds pretty good. Are we having this start right at the begin date, so we're all 21, or a few years later on?

Toonces

Let's go with 21. 

And if you guys could put some pressure on Barthheart for me, that would help get things moving.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Toonces on February 09, 2012, 05:33:10 PM
Let's go with 21. 

And if you guys could put some pressure on Barthheart for me, that would help get things moving.

You want we should break his legs?

Toonces

LOL.  No, just the index finger on both hands should be enough.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Toonces on February 10, 2012, 12:06:27 AM
LOL.  No, just the index finger on both hands should be enough.

May I suggest we break the pinkies? That shouldn't affect his abilities to either type or roll dice.