CM Red Thunder page is up

Started by undercovergeek, January 30, 2014, 05:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Theres plenty more to come, but for graphics whores - damage decals are here at last

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=330&Itemid=567

SgtRock

Too bad, no news on removing their DRM!  :(

Is it just me or do does the fire from the flamethrower look like it's straight out of CM1?

undercovergeek

ish.......... it might just be a bad angle, shot

Sir Slash

I saw Guards units for the Russkies but no Waffen SS for the Germans. Also no minor nation units. :-\
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

Fire and tank riders. A step in the right direction. I wonder if this will give rise to an upgrade for CMFI, and CMBN? :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 30, 2014, 07:28:35 PM
I saw Guards units for the Russkies but no Waffen SS for the Germans. Also no minor nation units. :-\

modules...$cha-ching$
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Boggit on January 30, 2014, 07:47:49 PM
Fire and tank riders. A step in the right direction. I wonder if this will give rise to an upgrade for CMFI, and CMBN? :)

I assume it will.

Many goodies to like in there - and some stuff long on the want list of the fanbase. I do hope they get flame weapons in CMBN soon, as they are sorely needed (flame vehicles would be great, too, particularly for the Market Garden timeframe). I'm almost positive they have said this will happen.

As for stuff not in the announcement, I hope they will get around to improving the terrain editor sooner rather than later. The screenshots reveal the same stepping-stone roads, inability to do a 30-degree angle (just 90 and 45 degrees), and my biggest complaint, the fact that water can only exist at one contour level throughout an entire map. Makes no sense - water courses travel downhill - that's what a river or stream is. Water changing elevation.

Otherwise, I've preordered and will look forward to this.

SgtRock

Quote from: Boggit on January 30, 2014, 07:47:49 PM

I'm sure they'll be happy to sell you more upgrades, isn't that their business model! ;D

Tinkershuffle

Why they start at as late as '44?

Michael Dorosh

MikeGER

already so many games on the HDD and ready to dl at Steam...
...but cant arse up  myself to fire one up for a longer session

i am  kind of developted into a CM engine games 'collector' it seams  ::)  ....so i am looking forward to this new episode, even so i may not play it as much than i should.... but cant help it. i MUST have it!  its a Combat Mission title :-[

and i hope the 3.0 enhancements get ported to CM FI and CM BN too (well, there well be a fee for sure) 

what was the usual delay again between preorder and release ...6 weeks?     

Michael Dorosh

Yskonyn

I have pre-ordered.
CM is just a great franchise and while I haven't bought CMFI, I am sure I will enjoy the Eastern Front. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Skoop

Looks like scenario designers are finally getting triggers to program the ai, this is gona be huge.

Con

Well I am a CM addict as well

Just pre ordered even though I have barely even played Market Garden

Con