Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Back to some old school SWAT 4....can't believe I never bought and played this game before this past week....having a blast with the tactics.....some screenshots from taking down terrorists in a hospital......not a good day for the bad guys!  Graphics might be a little dated (although acceptable to me), but gameplay is fun.

Staggerwing

That portrait on the wall in the first screenie looks a little bit like Jane Seymour (Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman).

How is the squad movement handled?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 31, 2013, 08:34:16 AM
That portrait on the wall in the first screenie looks a little bit like Jane Seymour (Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman).

How is the squad movement handled?

Too funny, didn't even notice the picture:)

As for squad movement, it really excels in this area in my opinion.  You click the right mouse button and then you scroll through a ton of options....you can make them breach, cover, move, restrain, etc.  real easy to use.  You can break your team up into multiple units whic is cool since you can actually see a remote camera that shows there movement even if in a different part of the building.  You can even bring up a sniper view to take out the baddies with your sniper....all very cool and well done.  I picked this up at amazon (gold version) for $9, well worth it!

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 31, 2013, 09:36:20 AM
Is it RT, IGOUGO, or WEGO?

Its a real-time first person shooter, but very tactical, not run and gun.  Haven't seen all the options yet, but I am sure there is the ability to pause, although I could be wrong.  I haven't had the need for a pause since you are given time usually to get everything tactically in place before executing your orders.

Staggerwing

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

Grim.Reaper

Jack Nastyface

SWAT 3 / 4 are both excellent titles, IMHO.  Well worth the $9.  I particularly like the fact that these are perhaps the only shooters I know of where you get extra points for restraining bad guys instead of just killing them.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Staggerwing

I just tried to pick up SWAT4, as well as Strike Commander, at GOG.com but the transition from cart to Paypal screen seems borked somehow. It never finishes loading. It's also very hard to log in at the main Paypal site. I wonder if it's related to the recent DDoS attacks. I ended up just wishlisting the games for later.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 31, 2013, 02:11:21 PM
I just tried to pick up SWAT4, as well as Strike Commander, at GOG.com but the transition from cart to Paypal screen seems borked somehow. It never finishes loading. It's also very hard to log in at the main Paypal site. I wonder if it's related to the recent DDoS attacks. I ended up just wishlisting the games for later.

Do you have a link to SWAT 4 on GOG.com ?  To the best of my knowledge, you can't download SWAT 4 anymore from digital stores.  Any chance, you saw SWAT 3 instead?  I had to buy the physical copy from amazon, which was good since I got the gold version that included the expansion too.

Staggerwing

You're right, it turned out to be SWAT3. I had saved it to my wishlist w/out looking closely because I also saw Strike Commander so that got first priority. I couldn't get that one either because the payment system was flaking out. :(
I'll try again tonight and look for SWAT4 elsewhere.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 31, 2013, 03:27:28 PM
You're right, it turned out to be SWAT3. I had saved it to my wishlist w/out looking closely because I also saw Strike Commander so that got first priority. I couldn't get that one either because the payment system was flaking out. :(
I'll try again tonight and look for SWAT4 elsewhere.

No problem, I may even pick up SWAT 3 since I like SWAT 4 so much.....amazon was really the cheapest place I could find (without looking on ebay and places like that).  Although it has slightly gone up to $11 now with only 2 copies currently left.

http://www.amazon.com/SWAT-4-Gold-Pc/dp/B000EDVRUA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364761824&sr=8-1&keywords=swat+4

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on March 31, 2013, 01:51:36 PM
SWAT 3 / 4 are both excellent titles, IMHO.  Well worth the $9.  I particularly like the fact that these are perhaps the only shooters I know of where you get extra points for restraining bad guys instead of just killing them.

How different is SWAT 3 & 4?  Thinking of picking up SWAT 3, but didn't know if it has a lot less features than SWAT 4.  Hate to go backwards and be frustrated.

Staggerwing

^Graphics-wise it is a step back, based on your pix and those at GOG.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 31, 2013, 05:09:01 PM
^Graphics-wise it is a step back, based on your pix and those at GOG.

I also think the controls and command system are different.....but.....I went ahead and purchased swat 3 anyway...downloading now:)