Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Double post.... see previous post.

Con

Here is a very lucky US half squad doing a total Saving Private Ryan move in a CMBN game I am playing versus Undercovergeek

Geek sent a panther around my flank to blast my infantry (you can see some casualties scattered behind).  I gave the do or die order for this half squad to assault the panther with nothing but a pair of steel balls the size of grapefruits and some grenades.  Well these guys pull the out the royal flush when it comes to luck and disable the panther with one grenade (looks like it hits the barrel).  The panther crew bails out and then its payback time for my boys.

Con

Oche

Nice pics Panzer, the 727 from CS is one of my favs addons for FSX. I'd like to see some screenies of the new L-1011 from CS if anyone has it yet.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Con on April 12, 2013, 08:39:39 PM
Here is a very lucky US half squad doing a total Saving Private Ryan move in a CMBN game I am playing versus Undercovergeek

Geek sent a panther around my flank to blast my infantry (you can see some casualties scattered behind).  I gave the do or die order for this half squad to assault the panther with nothing but a pair of steel balls the size of grapefruits and some grenades.  Well these guys pull the out the royal flush when it comes to luck and disable the panther with one grenade (looks like it hits the barrel).  The panther crew bails out and then its payback time for my boys.

Con

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

ive seen these things shrug off repeated hits from tank destroyers, but hell no - 1 grenade from these guys was all it took, god knows what the crew thought happened, no injuries inside the tank, but it knocked the thing right out

bob48

Quote from: PanzersEast on March 30, 2013, 05:24:28 PM
Still getting my FSX installed, but have the cores in.

PE

That B52 looks incredible, PE. Is it payware?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

jomni

Quote from: PanzersEast on April 12, 2013, 09:37:50 AM
Quote from: jomni on April 12, 2013, 08:48:52 AM
Captain Sim 727?  You know, I've never been able to bring that F version to cruise altitude because I stall.  Did you tweak the config in that one?

Yes, it is the CS 727.  There is a problem with the avionics which shortly after take-off you will lose power.  You will need to add this (electric_always_available=1) to your aircraft.cfg file.

[electrical]
max_battery_voltage = 24.0
generator_alternator_voltage = 30.0
max_generator_alternator_amps = 400.0
electric_always_available=1

If you do not, you will loose power to the a/p (avionics) and it will not allow you to hold altitude, vertical hold etc...  Also if you want to track the Flight Plan, you will need to map a shortcut key to (Nav/GPS)..... I mapped mine to Ctrl+G I believe or to a flight stick button.  Once you map it, you can turn the Auto-pilot to NAV/LOC and it will track your flightplan.

or if you want a GPS button to show on your Auto-Pilot you can add the following:

727-100
[Window03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=447,106
position=2
visible=0
ident=10005
gauge00=Captain_Sim.p721.P12!P12_001_ap, 20,0, 427,106
gauge01=Cessna!Nav_GPS_Annunciator, 0,0,20,20
gauge02=Cessna!Nav GPS Switch, 0,20,20,20

And for the 727-200, 727-100F and 727-200F:

[Window03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=447,106
position=2
visible=0
ident=10005
gauge00=..\..\CS_B727-100\panel\Captain_Sim.p721.P12!P12_001_ap, 20,0, 427,106
gauge01=Cessna!Nav_GPS_Annunciator, 0,0,20,20
gauge02=Cessna!Nav GPS Switch, 0,20,20,20

I generally climb at about 1800 ~ 2100 on the VSI in the 727 until I reach around FL20 and then you will need to adjust to keep it at least 250 kts, it is slow getting there and usually my speed is around 250 kts showing.  With the 727 you have to really watch the VSI and IAS because the Autopilot is not perfect and your VSI can drop so you have to adjust.  With no auto-throttle you have to continually watch the IAS, once at cruise you should be ok.

PE

Thanks for the tips.  I really am having a hard time maintaining speed.  I actually installed an FMS to do LNAV like many 727's still flying these days.

RooksBailey

What a travesty - the 150th Anniversary of the ACW is at its midpoint, and 99% of gaming has nothing new to show us.   >:(  At least Norbsoft is still hard at work. 

Speaking of which, I recently reinstalled SoW: Gettysburg and played a quick skirmish.  Brigade vs brigade, Day 1, and I took the part of Brig General John B Gordon.

I took my brigade towards Gettysburg proper...and soon spotted some Federal cavalry approaching from up the road:

Before long, we had a mess of Union troops descending on us (General Early decided to come watch  :)):

The Federals decided to try and rush us on the left flank with a cavalry charge:

It worked.  They scattered the 13th Georgia, inflicting 192 casualties.  Then they did the same to another unit.  Ultimately, it was up to the 60th Georgia to save the flank:

The 60th held! 

The Federals than dismounted some infantry and a protracted fight for the control of the road took place.  It was quite a show.  In the following picture,you can see the clouds of smoke rising from the horizon (circled in red):

But we stopped them again. 

Stymied, they went back to their cavalry playbook and, this time, charged my right:

No dice.  The 26th Georgia held:

In desperation, they finally tried a charge right up the middle:

But the 61st Georgia, along with my single reserve unit the 38th Georgia, held them: 

The two units did get mauled - the 38th suffered 136 casualties alone.  Ouch!

Failing to break us, Billy Yank turned tail and ran.  We won the battle!

CSA casualties:  578 
US Casualties:  740

...Does this make me a grog now?  :P

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Nice.  :)

Been wanting to fire SOW back up and get some more co-op multiplayer matches going again before long.  Gotta wait for my Match-based spree to pass however.

RooksBailey

Quote from: Nefaro on April 14, 2013, 01:47:36 AM

Been wanting to fire SOW back up and get some more co-op multiplayer matches going again before long.  Gotta wait for my Match-based spree to pass however.

It is a solid wargame.  And the sprite-based graphics probably works to its advantage seeing all the units on the field. 

I hope one day we get a grand campaign in an expansion, something like TW where you can plot strategy and resolve battles tactically.

After installing it, I was surprised to see the changes that had come Norbsoft's way since I purchased it from him back in 2011(?) - a Matrix/Slitherine publishing deal, two expansions and one standalone expansion!  Surprised the heck out of me.  I know it is only a matter of time until I get one of the expansions.   :)  Probably Chancellorsville once it goes on sale at Matrix.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

jomni

Nefaro

Quote from: RooksBailey on April 14, 2013, 03:19:25 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 14, 2013, 01:47:36 AM

It is a solid wargame.  And the sprite-based graphics probably works to its advantage seeing all the units on the field. 

I hope one day we get a grand campaign in an expansion, something like TW where you can plot strategy and resolve battles tactically.

After installing it, I was surprised to see the changes that had come Norbsoft's way since I purchased it from him back in 2011(?) - a Matrix/Slitherine publishing deal, two expansions and one standalone expansion!  Surprised the heck out of me.  I know it is only a matter of time until I get one of the expansions.   :)  Probably Chancellorsville once it goes on sale at Matrix.

Chancellorsville has a lot of wooded area so can get kinda confusing in the larger commands.  Still, it's nice having a change of scenery and positions.  I've still not even played Antietam in singleplayer much and my Chancellors expansion has only seen use in multiplayer although it was some very tough co-op fights against superior Union numbers.

It would be nice to have some kind of strategic layer to the game, but I don't ever expect to see that.  I'd also like to see someone do a Napoleonic port of the system.

PanzersEast

@ bob48
It is the CaptainSim B52 and it is a very nice model... the chute is even replicated.  I really enjoy flying it and recommend it.

@jomni
I still have not picked up the 737NGX and I have not heard a negative thing abou it.  I am currently wrapped back up in a new AirHauler company :)

PE

jomni

Quote from: PanzersEast on April 15, 2013, 07:48:21 AM
@jomni
I still have not picked up the 737NGX and I have not heard a negative thing abou it.  I am currently wrapped back up in a new AirHauler company :)

The NGX is great for beginners as it's not as complicated as a 747. But detailed enough to feel real. After I bought this and the Aerosoft Airbus (A320) X Extended, I never craved to fly any other aircraft anymore.  :)
Only complaint I see regarding the NGX are framerates.  But if your PC is capable then it is a really great experience.

PanzersEast

Quote from: jomni on April 15, 2013, 08:02:14 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on April 15, 2013, 07:48:21 AM
@jomni

The NGX is great for beginners as it's not as complicated as a 747. But detailed enough to feel real. After I bought this and the Aerosoft Airbus (A320) X Extended, I never craved to fly any other aircraft anymore.  :)
Only complaint I see regarding the NGX are framerates.  But if your PC is capable then it is a really great experience.

Airbus X Extended is my favorite A/C to fly right now.  I really enjoy it and the CS707 and QW757.

PE