Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

The Athenian advance at Marathon...

RooksBailey

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 10, 2013, 05:54:17 AM
^Outstanding! Love the effects!!!

Thank you, guys!  I appreciate all the nice comments.  I was literally just messing around in one of my freeware image programs when I created those.   :D  Amazing what you can do with image programs these days.  I was particularly amazed at how well the 2D sprites of Scourge of War responded so well to some tweaking in the lighting and color saturation.  They seemed to literally pop from 2D into 3D! 

Here's one more.  This is from Wargame ALB.  I originally was making this shot for a blog entry that was going to detail a Soviet invasion from the POV of someone caught behind enemy lines, but I canned that idea (might as well wait for the full game for that).  Be that as it may, this photo was going to be from the perspective of someone taking some quick photos at night with a handheld camera:

Yeah, you don't want to see that sitting in a parking lot!   ;D 

Quote from: NefaroThe Athenian advance at Marathon...

I don't see a picture.  Something might have gone wrong when you posted it? 

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Toonces

About the Second Manassass shots, I was going to say that my game doesn't look anything like that.  I didn't realize they were photoshopped!   ;D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

RooksBailey

Quote from: Toonces on May 11, 2013, 12:14:34 AM
About the Second Manassass shots, I was going to say that my game doesn't look anything like that.  I didn't realize they were photoshopped!   ;D

I not supposed to say anything, but those shots are actually from Scourge of Peace, the follow on title from NorbSoft.  He really changed the look of the game!  But its just a beta build, and I have the only copy.   ;)

Someday maybe.... ;D

But seriously, those were actually from Scourge of War: Chancellorsville, the stand-alone expansion that was released last year.   Well worth the money, IMO.

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Quote from: RooksBailey on May 10, 2013, 11:52:19 PM

Damn thing disappeared!

Friggin' pic hosts.  >:(

RooksBailey

Quote from: Nefaro on May 11, 2013, 12:39:52 AM
Quote from: RooksBailey on May 10, 2013, 11:52:19 PM

Damn thing disappeared!

Friggin' pic hosts.  >:(

I use Photobucket.  Have used them for a few years now and never had a problem.  It's free and easy to use, so I highly recommend giving them a try if you want to switch to a different host. 

Toonces

The best Friday night drinking game ever?  Maybe...

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

FlickJax

Arctic Blast

Rekim

A shitty way to start off the morning

Bison

I assume you are the Germans?

Rekim

Quote from: Bison on May 14, 2013, 12:56:48 PM
I assume you are the Germans?

Nope, I'm the US commander actually. My boys in the 104th Infantry regiment, my advanced guard in the first allied counter attack towards Wiltz, have awoken to discover a company of Jagdtiger's in their midst.

As is often the case with Command Ops intel from the front lines is best taken with a grain of salt. While the assault gun company was in fact real, dawn revealed that they were in fact JagdPanzer IV/70's. Still bad news for the AT company armed with 57mm M1 AT guns, but at least a target worth firing at.

Over the course of the next day half of said Jagdpanzers were destroyed. Things turned out much better than expected at first light.

Bison

Makes sense now.  I kinda figured you were the US with an intelligence overlay on but I guess the range arc threw me off.  I always cringe when I happen upon a Stug formation.

-budd-

since I finished Amnesia where you don't get any weapons or get to shoot anything I was looking for a little change of pace. This game seems to fit the bill, you know ..go from point A to point B  and shoot everything you encounter. Sometimes after work you just want to run and gun.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

RooksBailey

Quote from: -budd- on May 14, 2013, 11:10:10 PM
since I finished Amnesia where you don't get any weapons or get to shoot anything I was looking for a little change of pace. This game seems to fit the bill, you know ..go from point A to point B  and shoot everything you encounter. Sometimes after work you just want to run and gun.

Nice vids!  That from Serious Sam 3?  How is it?  I remember it had some launch problems IIRC, but now it looks pretty good!

As for me....

I just blew my accumulated in-game Hawken credits to buy my first mech. It is a Type-C missile launching beast:

Hellfire missiles on the left arm, a grenade launcher on the right.  I used some of my real money credits to buy a custom paint job. 

I also spent some real money credits on a custom repair drone:

I thought lasers made more sense to repair heavy armor than the default torch drone.

Unfortunately, now I broke my in-game bank account...and this beast is going to need about 7500 credits to fill out its interior components. That's a lot of gaming I need to do to earn that (you average 75-125 credits per match)! It's okay, playing this game is a pleasure. Now I just have some new goals to work towards achieving!