Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Thank you....I remember also using some mod installer per the site, maybe that is where I went wrong.

W8taminute

^You're welcome.  It does sound like you installed everything correctly but tried to start up the mod incorrectly.  The mod installer is that ACW3.exe
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: W8taminute on June 28, 2013, 04:36:21 PM
^You're welcome.  It does sound like you installed everything correctly but tried to start up the mod incorrectly.  The mod installer is that ACW3.exe

Thank you so much....I got it working now.  I missed the step of starting the game using the icons on the screen, never knew those were icons to start the game:)

W8taminute

Awesome!  Glad you got things to work.  At first I didn't get it either for the exact same reason.  No where is it mentioned you need to click on those icons but at least when you hover your mouse over them they change in appearance slightly.

You're gonna have as much fun as I am with this mod methinks. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Tuna

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 29, 2013, 03:15:30 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on June 28, 2013, 04:36:21 PM

Thank you so much....I got it working now.  I missed the step of starting the game using the icons on the screen, never knew those were icons to start the game:)

I did the same thing.. I didn't realize that dialog box, that the middle of it was actually the starter, I kept looking in all the menu options!...

I installed and played a lil last night.. really enjoyed it.. A lot different than 'vanilla' battle wise..

W8taminute

Ok here are some typical cavalry stats.  I know you were interested in seeing this undercovergeek.   ;)

I don't think these stats are bad or game breakers.  I like how battles shape up in this mod.

undercovergeek

cool, my only thought was if the cav had been modded from cataphracts or something and was uber deadly with a ACW skin on it

undercovergeek

Tonights warmongering had 2 'moments' -

1: The realisation that i wasnt going to reach the required number of provinces in time - theres maybe 50 turns left but im not going to capture another 28 provinces in that time - why does it have a time limit?

2: the following battle was great, really enjoyed it - it was a make or break attack from the beleagured Hatakeyama clan. The AI really kicked its own ass, an ally of mine had reduced it to one province and then turned its attention elsewhere - only for the Hatakeyamas to sweep thru 3 provinces and take them right back - my AI ally fought back pushing this army into my territory - this was his last stand:

I broke the siege and marched out from the castle, the enemy are forming up on that hill in the middle of the shot below - sexy cinematic shot of Uesugi:

He has more archers than me, simply marching to the foot of the hill is going to get me killed, i opt for a bit of Nelson and decided to cross the T working across his flank from the left in the hope of facing his archers 1 by 1. We march:

..............and march...............

Our archers take up positions in the woods at the foot of the hills, and start picking off the flanking spearmen and archers:

Faced with being peppered with arrows, the enemy breaks and comes charging down the hill en masse

I cant help but have a wry smile to myself when i see the enemy has come round the base of the hill and charged into my archers - its a massacre.........

..........until my Katana sword masters turn up and literally pull the enemy general from his horse and hack into the dismounted bodyguard

With the general dead its a rout

jomni

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

thanks guys - im desperately trying to get some WG:Airland Battle shots up here but im hooked on this campaign

W8taminute

Wow impressive battle and good story telling. 

-budd-

Well I put F.E.A.R. to bed, clocked in just under 17 hours. That was the best FPS i've played in awhile. Hope number 2 continues or finishes the story.

Story notes

What to play next.......
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

LongBlade

I really enjoyed F.E.A.R.

Can't remember playing #2. Let us know how it goes :)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.