Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 10, 2013, 11:30:25 PM
I didn't buy Rome II, but all the talk about it got me to go back to Shogun II and finally finish my Rise of the Samurai campaign.  I found ROTS to be the toughest campaign to win by a large margin.  I think it's mainly due to the fact that the roads are almost non-existent so it takes forever to get anywhere.  This campaign was a real grind.  I pretty much had to take the entire map to win as I had to capture the home provinces of the major clans as part of my victory conditions.  The ones the far north (Iwate and Ugo) were a real headache as I had to take them by land due to the fact that I couldn't get a good navy going.  The green guys had more ships with more experience than me and would just slap my ships down the moment they left port so I had to slog all the way across the map.

I did it with five turns left before the campaign would have timed out. 

Looks like you beat on the AI pretty well....  110 units lost to their 1173 and only losing 10 battles out of 156.  Good Job

PE

Bison

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Just remember, don't answer any questions you don't really know until the end in case a later question accidentally 'leaks' the answer to a previous one.  ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jomni

First DCS A-10 mission after not flying for a looong time.  8)

Nefaro

Heh! 

Hey, Jomni.  I think you forgot to turn off your nav lights before entering the combat area.  :D

I've found the nav light switches in A-10C difficult to tell just which position their multi-position switch is in.  Thank god for external view, for double checking!  The Black Shark is similarly difficult to discern if you have them off or not. 

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on September 13, 2013, 11:17:12 PM
Heh! 

Hey, Jomni.  I think you forgot to turn off your nav lights before entering the combat area.  :D

I've found the nav light switches in A-10C difficult to tell just which position their multi-position switch is in.  Thank god for external view, for double checking!  The Black Shark is similarly difficult to discern if you have them off or not.

Yes I did forget.  But I turned it off midway.

Nefaro

A Rise Of Flight mission in a Fokker DVII.

3v3 merge with SPADXIIIs:

My second (and final) air kill:

Scored a balloon on the way home!

Nefaro

oops.

jomni

You really make me want to fly ROF again. :)

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on September 15, 2013, 02:38:05 AM
You really make me want to fly ROF again. :)

It's been quite easy to get into, for me.  Relatively little controls tweaking and pretty much no heads-down busy work to learn & re-learn every time I fire it up. 

Quite refreshing after playing all the other flight sims that have some sort of learning curve and hotkeys out the ass. 

I'm also quite surprised at how well the graphics run compared to how they look.  8)  I actually lowered a couple settings a bit (grass, shadows) and raised anti-aliasing to 4x (which I almost never do for games running at this resolution) and it's still smooth as butter.. no stutters.  Can't say the same for DCS sims or numerous other 3D games in general.  Poor gfx optimization seems to be the norm, anymore, when your 60+ fps dead drops to zero and goes right back up on occasion.  That just hasn't happened in this one.  Immmm-pressive!

Also.. a lot of other games have way too much Reflective surfaces effect.  They make everything look like polished metal or high-gloss car paint glinting in the sunlight.  While this one still has a tad too much at certain angles (like the first screenshot, on the DVII), it also has some angles where it's perfect. Such as the second close-up shot.  Check out the side of the DVII fuselage in the sun!  It actually looks like painted canvas, not metal.  ;D

Nefaro

More Rise Of Flight.

This time I'm flying an Albatross D III. 

My first comer was a SPAD VII and as I was finishing him off a SPAD XIII bounced me from behind and wounded me, along with part of my upper wing & the fuselage near the cockpit.  Still, I managed to pull up and place a few bullets into his engine on the pass and that kept him low enough for me too keep up and finish him off despite my blurry vision.   :D  Limped back home with another SPAD XIII in chase.  That third one managed to hit me with another short burst right before I touched down.  Was hoping my airfield had some machineguns to light him up, being so low, but I don't think they did much to him.

Can you spot the flaming SPAD in this next one?   :)

You can scroll the pics to the right, at the bottom of this post, if they don't fit your screen.  (per usual)

undercovergeek

found him - eventually

great shots

Toonces

Salt Lake City, Utah:

Jackson Hole, Wyoming:

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

LongBlade

Wow. Rise of Flight looks so good...
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.