Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Jomni...is that Israeli terrain modded?  The city tile looks much better than stock.

Also, agree 100% on TK.  I was shocked that he has forsaken the PC crowd in order to jump into the mobile market. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jomni

Israel terrain not modded. 

The 2nd picture is modded Seasonal Europe Terrain for SF2: Europe.  Got it from Combat Ace.

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 11, 2012, 05:56:01 AM
Jomni...is that Israeli terrain modded?  The city tile looks much better than stock.

Also, agree 100% on TK.  I was shocked that he has forsaken the PC crowd in order to jump into the mobile market.

Strike Fighters Israel has new terrain graphics in it.  It was added for that one (the next to last release, now).  I suppose it's also in the North Atlantic release since that one is newer. 

If you do a merge install, the newer terrain graphics will be applied in the older ones, too.

The biggest problem I had, last time I installed a couple Strike Fighters games, was the godawful Patch mess I had to go through to get it up to speed.  And even then, after digging up all the various patches I needed and applying them, there was a nasty hotkey setting bug that kept jacking up my button settings I made for my joystick.  It was so fookeen annoying, I gave up in disgust between the multiple varied patch searching and the key setting bug.   

Hopefully that sheezt has been fixed by now, and a single update package created.  It still makes me a bit pissy thinking about  the time I spent on it.

Huw the Poo

Guild Wars 2

Me and some guildmates after clearing the Ascalon Catacombs dungeon in story mode!  We did it, without a single wipe!  It was really hard though.  In particular, a pair of mesmer bosses toward the end were almost impossible to kill.  One of them kept up an almost constant shield that knocked back anyone who got into melee range - very annoying for me playing as a guardian.  However, I think I was able to use my skills quite successfully; I was using "Save Yourselves!" whenever an ally had lots of conditions, I was keeping my Snow Wurm up, using my general protection buffs as needed, and using my elite skill to become a werewolf whenever I could to deal lots of damage.

I enjoyed it more than I expected to. :)

Nefaro

Kickin' it Ole Skewl with Might & Magic 4-5: World Of Xeen.  Got the M&M 6-pack for something like $3.50 at GOG.

It looks even more pixelated because I set the Scaler-Filter to resize 3x instead of the normal 2x that DOSbox does.

Here's the same game's screenshot at original non-resized resolution, for comparison  ;):

Sure, it looks far better at original, or even only 2x size, but squinting to read those is more of a chore.

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on October 12, 2012, 10:45:20 AM
The biggest problem I had, last time I installed a couple Strike Fighters games, was the godawful Patch mess I had to go through to get it up to speed.  And even then, after digging up all the various patches I needed and applying them, there was a nasty hotkey setting bug that kept jacking up my button settings I made for my joystick.  It was so fookeen annoying, I gave up in disgust between the multiple varied patch searching and the key setting bug.   

Hopefully that sheezt has been fixed by now, and a single update package created.  It still makes me a bit pissy thinking about  the time I spent on it.

Patches don't come frequently anymore.  The game a new update feature in-game. 
Patches do break mods once in a while and that's one of my frustrations.

Here's some XCOM fun.  I posted an AAR in my blog and the AAR section.
http://jomnisgames.blogspot.com/2012/10/xcom-alien-base-assault-aar.html

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Huw the Poo

Guild Wars 2

There be whales here!

Huw the Poo

Guild Wars 2

So.  Take a look at the following scene:

There's a vista at the end of that icy run around the side of a cliff.  I wanted to get it.  That run is longer than it looks, and filled with Sons of Svanir.  I start ploughing my way through them.  They put up a fight but I make it to the end, only to find a veteran.  Normally you can solo veterans, but this one was surrounded by allies, summoned more of them, and had lethal AoE attacks that were really hard to dodge on such narrow ground.  I just couldn't quite beat him and got killed a couple of times, each time doggedly running back to try again.

In the end, after respawning at the nearest waypoint I spot a couple of players finishing off a quest.  I ask them if they want to go tag the vista with me and they agree.  We form a party and set off.  This time it's infinitely easier.  We cut through the mobs like a hot knife through butter.  We make it to the end and focus down the veteran with no problem, taking barely ten seconds to mop up the rest of the mobs.  And then, oh look!  A chest!  We pillage it and admire our new-found trinkets.  Then we thank each other for the mutual support and go our separate ways.

Two minutes later, I remembered.  I didn't go on and tag the vista, my original reason for being there.  Aaaarrrrrggghhhhhh!

JudgeDredd

Thanks to Jomni - I bought this!

So - some pics.
Heading to the Europort

Bad weather

To England

The Humber Bridge

Change lane to Sheffield

Little differences in location - England DOES have the occasional lane of different substance!

Almost there...

My next job

Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

How do you find left-hand drive to be? Or are you already used to it from other driving/racing games?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

It doesn't really pose a problem. It's a bit tricky when you go from the continent to the uk and vice versa - but apart from that it's fine

I've actually played this for about 4 hours now!
Alba gu' brath

Capn Darwin

A few screens from my current squad out saving humanity...

The Leader of the Squad...a badass heavy

Muton eats laser at close range...

An exploding Floater thanks to Kitkat Chunky's LMG...
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

bob48

I've got photobucket set up, but, Ludite as I am, can I bugger-to-hell as like get the link to show up. I know that somewhere I've been told what to do, but...............

Numpty, that's what I is :'(
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bob48

Aha - done it!

Screenshot is from Trainz Classics 3, and shows part of a 3ft NG Ironstone Route. The models are created by a friend of mine, and I built a route for him to display at a Trainz display at Belfast Transport Museum.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!