Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

I'm part of the beta.  So far so good but the servers are not always on.  There's a lot of potential but the it is important to get a lot of players from all time zones or else you get lop sided matches and swinging front lines.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on December 13, 2012, 07:00:47 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 12, 2012, 09:11:26 PM
While browser-based game engines have improved quite a bit lately, they are still pretty limited in scope from what I've seen thus far.  Ha! "Scope".  Punny.

You are mistaken.  Heroes and Generals is a full blown shooter with real-time strategic aspects in a browser. :)

Are the graphics really up-to-date? 

I suppose that multi-player games like that probably could be about as detailed, at least for a first-person shooter, since much of the calculations & info is done server-side anyway (bullet tracking, collision, and all that). 

I'm interested to see how the Silent Hunter Online browser-based one turns out.  That's something a bit different than a shooter or baseline RTS, though.  I fear some of the Simulation part will have to be cut out, even if it's only to minimize the total bandwidth required for the constant detection calculations & such.

Jarhead0331

Fun with the new D-Day DLC for Iron Front...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

TheCommandTent

^Can't wait to get home and start getting into Iron Front.  I just Dld before leaving on vacation and got only an hour in. 
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Nefaro

Some King Of Dragon Pass yesterday.

jomni

Regarding Iron Front DLC...  They never got rid of the odd wrinkles in the US uniform?

Bought a couple of planes for FSX that are on sale (Captain Sim, 9.99 Euros).  Here's the classic 737-200F.

A few more pictures in my blog. http://jomnisgames.blogspot.com/2012/12/captain-sim-sale.html

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on December 15, 2012, 04:29:23 AM
Regarding Iron Front DLC...  They never got rid of the odd wrinkles in the US uniform?

You really don't notice when you're getting shot at.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

This is, and has been, by far my favorite thread on these forums.  I decided to try to participate by downloading FRAPs (it was free) to take the game screenshots, but I can't get it to work with Decisive Campaigns or Battles from the Bulge. It works with other games but they aren't ones I wanted to post here.  Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong with those games?  Thanks.

RooksBailey

I don't know why FRAPS isn't working, but you could try another program I use called Screenhunter Free:

http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter_free.htm

It is real easy to use.  Generally, I have to use both FRAPS and Screenhunter for screenshots because each program only seems to work with certain titles (FRAPS is great with Steam, while SH is great with older programs).
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Rayfer

First time attempting to post a screenshot so any suggestions would be appreciated.  Using ScreenHunter 6 as suggested by RooksBailey.   This is from Battles from the Bulge, the Battle of the Roadblocks scenario, playing as the Americans.  It is about 5pm on day one of a two day battle that started at 6am.  I lost the first roadblock, circled in yellow.  I am just learning this game, it is quite an experience, one of the best wargames I've ever played.

Bison

Rayfer just get a free account with photobucket to upload you images to and then use the direct link they give you for your image to post here.  Easy to do and you get the full sized image in the post rather than as an attachment.

Nefaro

I've been using http://tinypic.com/

No sign-up requirement.  It just asks you to type in an uncharacteristically easy Captcha phrase after each one.

Deadskin

Some random screens

My E-75 holding the ridgeline with friends (that's Shelldrake in the other E-75)

despite being outnumbered 2 to 1 my troops hold on

LongBlade

Hey, Deadskin. Is that World of Tanks in the first image?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: LongBlade on December 16, 2012, 11:15:46 AM
Hey, Deadskin. Is that World of Tanks in the first image?

It should be a requirement of this thread for people to name the games they are posting pictures:)  Some of them do seem interesting...