Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

republic

It can now be revealed that 4 days ago the Kerbal Space Agency lost contact with Republic I, the first mission to the Mun.  The command module for the mission malfunctioned and 2 souls were lost.  However, the Mun lander was able to achieve a stable orbit by use of much RCS fuel and some quick thinking.

A rescue mission was launched the today and the Kerbal Space Agency would like to announce that Republic II has docked with the lander from Republic I and has rescued Herman Kerbal.

Image below:

I have to say though, launching and  the rendezvous maneuvers were some of the most complex things I've ever done in a game.  I actually let out a sign of relief when I finally docked.  :)

RooksBailey

Quote from: republic on January 01, 2013, 08:05:43 PM
It can now be revealed that 4 days ago the Kerbal Space Agency lost contact with Republic I, the first mission to the Mun.  The command module for the mission malfunctioned and 2 souls were lost.  However, the Mun lander was able to achieve a stable orbit by use of much RCS fuel and some quick thinking.

A rescue mission was launched the today and the Kerbal Space Agency would like to announce that Republic II has docked with the lander from Republic I and has rescued Herman Kerbal.

Image below:

I have to say though, launching and  the rendezvous maneuvers were some of the most complex things I've ever done in a game.  I actually let out a sign of relief when I finally docked.  :)

I really have to get back into KSP.  I love that game and am really excited by its long-term development plan.  I am surprised it doesn't get more coverage in the gaming press.  I find it at least as innovative as Minecraft.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

jomni

I find KSP lacking in gaming content.  The parts are there but there's not much goal-based things to do. I think it will take off once they include more missions and an economic campaign.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on January 01, 2013, 08:26:05 PM
I find KSP lacking in gaming content.  The parts are there but there's not much goal-based things to do. I think it will take off once they include more missions and an economic campaign.

Respectfully disagree with this.  Your goals are limited only by your imagination in KSP.  It is an outstanding game and a real achievement in my opinion.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

republic

I'm used to playing games like Eve Online where the point of the game relies on what you want to do.  So KSP works well for that.  I wanted to put a Kerbal on the Mun, and so to make it fun I've been watching the old HBO series From the Earth to the Moon, and trying to replicate that while I play KSP.

When my lander got stranded I thought, "Cool, a rescue mission!"

I would like to see KSP offer a realtime multiplayer experience.  Imagine if they changed it up just a bit such that you could spawn your own procedural solar system for a server, and you and your friends build craft to explore and exploit that system.  :)

Anguille

Boromir and Faramir leading a troup of soldiers to repell the orks ands trolls from Osgiliath...will they succeed?

I like the music of the Humans in War of the Ring

Nefaro

Scourge of War: Gettysburg - shot from our multiplayer coop game.

War of the Roses

And I took a shot while my head was rolling down the hill in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.  A stiff breeze will make your arms fall off - check that other guys out!

republic

Kushan

Some shots of my mage.

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

jomni

Funny bug in War of the Roses.   I got dismounted and got stuck in this position.  No keys worked.  Though I can pan my view with a mouse and send messages.  Only got freed when a bunch of enemies ganged up on me. :)

TheCommandTent

^"Help I've fallen and can't get up!"   ;D
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on January 06, 2013, 05:47:31 AM
Funny bug in War of the Roses.   I got dismounted and got stuck in this position.  No keys worked.  Though I can pan my view with a mouse and send messages.  Only got freed when a bunch of enemies ganged up on me. :)

There's only one profession that keeps it's legs up over it's head so much.  :P

jomni

republic

Republic flight enroute to liberating the oppressed

Republic flight enroute to being liberated of my corporeal being.

One minute I'm scanning for baddies, then I see SA6 on my RWR and a fraction of a second later the cockpit erupts.  A failed attempt at evading and...I'm hit but not dead.  One engine on fire, computer dead.  I spew chaff coax an engine from death try and egress the area when I see smoke from down below...  I flew from one site directly into another.  So I'm thinking I'll "Red October" it, fly (more falling than flying at this point) straight at it and hope to cause it to miss/not detonate.  Well...you see the results.