Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatter

When I got back into Elite I followed a simple path. At the station you start at there is an easy mission worth 15k. Then I simply went to a system with a navigation beacon, hung around there killing wanted ships and collected bounties. You can quickly upgrade to a hauler and start mining after that. Mining can be very lucrative at times, making 130k in 20 minutes (in the right place). Ill look up the system I mine in if anybody cares, but it requires many jumps to get there.

I played in mid to late beta and they added many features to the game since then, making the game in many ways more difficult (especially when upgrading your ship).

jomni

How do you know if a ship is wanted?

Swatter

You initially scan a ship by targeting it, but this only gives partial information. You must put the targeted ship on your nose if you want a full scan. A full scan will tell you if its CLEAN or WANTED.

jomni

Ah so that's what CLEAN meant. I once attacked a CLEAN guy.

mikeck

Point your ship at it with weapons deployed and target it...on the left it will say "scanning". After a few seconds it will show the pilots name and either "clean" or "wanted". If it's the latter, go to contacts and scroll down to thag pilot. On the description window in the "contacts" screen it will have info about the ship including the bounty amount. Always Check because you don't want to waste 400 credits of ammo and take damage for a 300 credit bounty.

If you are in a resource extraction zone, find wanted Cobras fighting security ships. Wait until the security ships wear the Cobras shields out and then dive in on it. Even if the security is shooting while you are too, when the ship explodes, you get the bounty
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jomni

I'm not in a resource system. I'll go hang around for a while.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: mikeck on January 06, 2015, 10:17:52 PM
Point your ship at it with weapons deployed and target it...on the left it will say "scanning". After a few seconds it will show the pilots name and either "clean" or "wanted". If it's the latter, go to contacts and scroll down to thag pilot. On the description window in the "contacts" screen it will have info about the ship including the bounty amount. Always Check because you don't want to waste 400 credits of ammo and take damage for a 300 credit bounty.

If you are in a resource extraction zone, find wanted Cobras fighting security ships. Wait until the security ships wear the Cobras shields out and then dive in on it. Even if the security is shooting while you are too, when the ship explodes, you get the bounty
You don't need your weapons deployed to see a pilots status - and that could result in the pilot being more aggressive to you because he can see your weapons are deployed.
Alba gu' brath

jomni

A fun night of bounty hunting ended with me getting hunted as well.  :buck2:

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on January 06, 2015, 09:49:37 PM
Ah so that's what CLEAN meant. I once attacked a CLEAN guy.

LOL.

Jomni the Highwayman.

Jarhead0331

I really love the courier jobs. Last night I made close to $100,000 just running random jobs in local space. One was a $65,000 credit payout to deliver parts from Henry Orbital to Huxely Port in Chimba...same system! It was like a 40 LS flight! Easiest money I have ever made. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

HTF do you get 65,000cr for a courier mission in the same system?

I've just travelled across 3 or 4 systems for 1400cr!

I'm gonna stop reading this thread - it just freaking depresses me  :P
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 07, 2015, 10:04:32 AM

Dude, I once got $174,000 credits for one simple courier mission which required only one short 6 LY jump. Once you have a larger hold, the higher paying jobs will become available.

Most of the courier jobs net me between 3,000 and 5,000 credits, but on occasion I do get jobs in the $15,000 credit range, or higher like the above two examples. They are there, you just need to keep looking. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 07, 2015, 10:10:01 AM

Dude, I once got $174,000 credits for one simple courier mission which required only one short 6 LY jump. Once you have a larger hold, the higher paying jobs will become available.

Most of the courier jobs net me between 3,000 and 5,000 credits, but on occasion I do get jobs in the $15,000 credit range, or higher like the above two examples. They are there, you just need to keep looking.
What size hold do you have then?

I'm at work and I'm still wondering wtf to do with my hauler. Do I just write it off or travel all the way back across the system to the shithole I was in and sell it. I don't want to be stuck there again.

Maybe I'll just collect some system info where I am and go sell it back where I was and then sell the hauler.

I'm surprised some of you guys with more ships aren't upset about the need to be pinned to a system for a particular ship. Have you not tried to "leave" and setup home elsewhere? The galaxy is mahoosive. Your only option, as MikeGer suggested, is to sell it - and I wouldn't think you'd get the full value.

I'm particularly feeling this because I only have the two ships I suppose. I don't have the money to just leave it. Maybe you lot aren't bothered (and maybe I won't be) because you're making upwards of 100k per hour  ;D

I wonder if there was a reason not to provide a ship transporting system or if it was an oversight.
Alba gu' brath

bboyer66

Your should have become a truck driver instead of a lawyer ;)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bboyer66 on January 07, 2015, 10:47:39 AM

Your should have become a truck driver instead of a lawyer ;)

I should have become a lot of things other than a lawyer.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog