One for Metal Dog

Started by bayonetbrant, September 08, 2014, 05:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 11, 2016, 10:44:49 AM

You know what I like about real life? There's no extra charge for watching it in 3-D.

And that's about all I like about it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 11, 2016, 05:58:19 PM

Nicely done!  But isn't the cat in the wrong piece of lingerie?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

Someone needs to go to that man's house and break all his pencils.  Every.  damn.  day.

bob48

...well, MD. That was sharp and to the point.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

You should have gotten the lead out on that comment, Bawb.

MetalDog

Did somebody say, 'Get the Led out?'  Well, here ya' go!!

BanzaiCat

Your will is cracking, MD! Soon, you will join the Pun Side! I mean, Dark Side! Well, they're kinda the same thing...

Staggerwing

Quote from: MetalDog on November 14, 2016, 09:46:55 PM

Under broad criteria that could be considered a pun.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

MetalDog

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 14, 2016, 09:50:07 PM
Your will is cracking, MD! Soon, you will join the Pun Side! I mean, Dark Side! Well, they're kinda the same thing...

I agree they are similar.  However, Led is ALWAYS good for your head.  So, any pun association is wiped away by awesomeness.

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 14, 2016, 09:50:59 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 14, 2016, 09:46:55 PM

Under broad criteria that could be considered a pun.

See above ^

bayonetbrant

you've been warned...

http://multiverse.world/blog/2016/11/09/long-island-sandbox-part-seven-dramatis-personae/

QuoteChancellor Pecorinochancellor
As the boyhood friend (and right-hand man) of the good King Asiago, 'tis he and his soldiers (the Grate Blades) who safeguard the secrets of the crown, from enemies both known and unknown.  Chancellor Pecorino also serves as Steward whilst the good King Asiago travels abroad (important matters of state in far-flung locales, safaris in the Vast Veldt, and such.)  Once a wizard's apprentice, but ne'er actually a wizard, Chancellor Pecorino still knows his cantrips, and has proven to be full of surprises when it comes to knowledge of arcane lore.  An avid S&F player and wordsmith, Chancellor Pecorino earned a reputation as Benchleydale's penultimate S&F referee.  Among the players at his gaming table, you'll often find Royal Quartermaster Camembert, the Jack brothers (Royal Stablemasters, Colby and Monterey,)  and yes even the good King Asiago himself (who sometimes fancies playing an axemaster PC named Sir Chopalot, when he's not playing his usual sneef PC named Jumble .)  At present, Chancellor Pecorino is refereeing Doctor Forbidden's Shiny Gold (the first in a popular Doctor Forbidden series of adventure modules.)
Known Associates:  King Asiago, Princess Provolone, Sir Arandell of Longbridge