First Rome II: Total War in game video

Started by TheCommandTent, September 26, 2012, 03:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

Sweetness. Thanks for posting. It got my blood going. In a good way.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Oche

Looks good...Thx for brightning my day  :)

undercovergeek

looks folornly at plans for new build with an i5!!!

'youre going to need a bigger boat'

Jarhead0331

Why do Romans always speak with English accents in movies and games?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 26, 2012, 06:08:56 PM

same reason US film companies employ us Brits to play Americans for you - we is better actors than you

Bison

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 26, 2012, 05:40:09 PM
looks folornly at plans for new build with an i5!!!

'youre going to need a bigger boat'

The i5 is going to be just fine man.  Look at Shogun 2.  It scales down in graphics very nicely without a huge hit on how the game looks.  I'm pretty stoked for this game.

undercovergeek

I'm not arguing with a sith lord!!!

Is there a rough eta so the beast is built and ready?

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 26, 2012, 06:55:53 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 26, 2012, 06:08:56 PM

same reason US film companies employ us Brits to play Americans for you - we is better actors than you

Maybe that explains why they hire Canadians and Aussies to play Brits...  8)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Romans have British accents in games and movies because the actors who played the Imperials in Star Wars had British accents. British accent = bad ass with dash of awesome. Menace and coolness. Bangers and mash.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 26, 2012, 07:05:00 PM
I'm not arguing with a sith lord!!!

Is there a rough eta so the beast is built and ready?

I believe either in the 1st or 2nd quarter of next year.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

^I'm not sure if that's correct. I read somewhere upon the announcement of Rome II that it would be the end of 2013. 1st or 2nd quarter seems awfully soon.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Gusington on September 26, 2012, 07:54:56 PM
^I'm not sure if that's correct. I read somewhere upon the announcement of Rome II that it would be the end of 2013. 1st or 2nd quarter seems awfully soon.

You probably are correct.  I can't find any official word and the sites covering the game still have the date as 2013 TBA listed.  I guess it would be kind of quick in the first couple of quarters.  Knowing CA they probably will release just before Christmas.

Gusington

I can't find anything definitive either. I'm also still a little bitter the next game is not Victoria: Total War.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Gusington on September 26, 2012, 08:06:13 PM
I can't find anything definitive either. I'm also still a little bitter the next game is not Victoria: Total War.

I would have guess you would be begging for a Steam Punk: Total War.  Yeah try to get that image out of your head.  8)