CityFight AAR

Started by bayonetbrant, March 05, 2012, 10:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

A very good AAR of a recent playing of the old SPI CityFight game is posted over at social.consimworld.com.

It's a good read, but there are occasional spelling errors you need to puzzle through.

the wrap-up

QuoteFinal thoughts

SPI's CityFight is a tense game. In this game, there was very little contact between the opposing sides, yet their presence was felt at all times.
This game seems to be a pretty accurate simulation of the uncertainty and fog-of-war that would be present in a modern urban conflict. Unlike most wargames that give players omniscience over the battlefield, CityFight leaves you almost completely in the dark. Turns can be deadly quiet, almost boring, and all of a sudden, a firefight breaks out. This sounds a lot like reports from actual veterans.
I really enjoyed this game and I'm looking forward to get a chance to play again and experiment with some of the more advanced rules.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GJK

I've always had an eye on this one.  Is it solitaire friendly?  I'll have to go pull it up on BGG and see what is being said over there (after I read this AAR which may shed some light on my question I'm sure!).
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer