Have you Pre-Ordered Europa Universalis IV?

Started by republic, August 03, 2013, 05:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Its great for being able to take a live action sneak peek.
I have downloaded it. Will take a look later tonight.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Bismarck

Quote from: tgb on August 08, 2013, 06:09:33 AM
The demo is up on Steam.  Will post impressions later, and will also probably pre-order depending on how it runs on my rig (I expect no problems, since CKII runs just fine, but you never know).

Details:

Paradox Interactive press release | Click here for web version

EUIV.jpg
Sample the Feeling of Conquest in the
Europa Universalis IV Demo
Play Your Way with Your Friends Using Steamworks-enabled Modding and Cross-platform Multiplayer

NEW YORK – August 8th, 2013 – Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio today released a demo on Steam for their upcoming empire-building game, Europa Universalis IV, to allow players to take their first steps on the journey towards global domination.

EuropaUniversalisIV_1_Warfare_The_Ottoman_EmpireEuropa Universalis IV, a game that lets you rule your nation with unparalleled freedom in the age of exploration, can now be sampled for free, tasting just a bit of power before the full game is released on August 13.

Paradox also announced that the battle for conquest will take shape exactly as players desire, thanks to support for Steam Workshop for game modifications, and cross-platform multiplayer which will allow rulers to clash with the rivals of their choice across Windows, Mac, and Linux. Both Workshop support and cross-platform play will be included at launch.

Discover what conquest feels like by checking out the Europa Universalis IV demo here (Windows only, English only):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/236850/?snr=1_4_4__104_1

In the demo version of Europa Universalis IV, players can take up the flag of one of four available nations, sampling the trade system as Venice, going to war as the Ottoman Empire, founding new colonies as Portugal, or engaging in shrewd diplomacy as Austria. Demo games will last for 28 in-game years and include an extensive tutorial and hint system. The demo will not include multiplayer capabilities,  and please note that the abilities to save & load have been disabled.

Read the full Europa Universalis IV demo description here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?706528-Europa-Universalis-IV-Demo-description

Keeping a long-held tradition of community interaction and support, Europa Universalis IV intends to foster a strong 'modding' community through the support of Steam Workshop. For the first time in the series, players will be able to easily share their customizations to Europa Universalis IV with friends and fans through a central, easily searched repository, where fellow gamers can download and implement mods with a single click.

EuropaUniversalisIV_2_Trade_VeniceIn addition, for the first time ever in a Paradox Development Studio strategy game, multiplayer matches in Europa Universalis IV will be fully cross-platform. Games will function just as if each player were using the same platform, whether they are playing on a Windows, Mac, or Linux computer, for both competitive and cooperative play.

Strategy fans can prepare for conquest by pre-ordering the empire-building game. Anybody who pre-orders Europa Universalis IV will receive all pre-order bonuses, including the recently announced Crusader Kings II save converter and a free copy of Crusader Kings II. Pre-order details can be found here: www.europauniversalis4.com/buy

Europa Universalis IV releases on August 13. For more information, please visit europauniversalis4.com.

Read more:

Facebook: facebook.com/EuropaUniversalis
Web page: www.europauniversalis4.com
Twitter: twitter.com/E_Universalis
Forum: forum.paradoxplaza.com

Genre:
Strategy, Empirebuilder

Release Date:
13/08/2013

Jim Cobb

Ubercat

Thanks for posting the links. I'm definitely checking it out.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

WallysWorld

I've only gone through the first set of Basic Tutorials, but I definitely like what I'm seeing so far. Still haven't pre-ordered yet though as I really never put much time in EU III even though I bought all of the DLC for it.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

I am interested in the demo but I have never really embraced any Paradox game, and after I try and fail SoM usually calls me an idiot. None of them have been particularly accessible for me and although I love the subject matter and history I never feel confident in what the hell I'm supposed to be doing :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gus, you lackadaisical mouth-breathing cunctator!

Now, what are we talking about?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

PanzersEast

Preorder EU IV from GreenManGaming and get the 10.00 credit and then preorder Rome Total War 2 and apply the credit to bring it to 39.99.....

PE

PanzersEast

Quote from: Gusington on August 08, 2013, 05:45:58 PM
I am interested in the demo but I have never really embraced any Paradox game, and after I try and fail SoM usually calls me an idiot. None of them have been particularly accessible for me and although I love the subject matter and history I never feel confident in what the hell I'm supposed to be doing :/

Just for that when EU IV comes out I will do a Overview/How to of the Game...

PE

jomni

Quote from: Gusington on August 08, 2013, 05:45:58 PM

For me, EU is the most accessible of all their games.  Simple and uncomplicated once you get a hang of the basic concepts.
Some say CK, but for me, CK has so many constraints that's stopping your from being a megalomaniac.  I don't consider CK in the same league as EU, HOI, Victoria.  It's more of a roleplaying game than a country management game.

Gusington

Thanks PE. For reference, the last Paradox title I tried was Victoria II. I played for a few days and just didn't get anywhere.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

I played about five years as Venice in the demo and really enjoyed the game. I really like the new trade system with sending out light ships to protect your trade routes. The more ships you send, the more trade income you receive. The new production interface is also neat as you can choose which unit to build and then click on any provinces highlighted in green to build the unit there.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Toonces

This is basically CK2 set in a different time period, right?

Or...what makes this significantly different from CK2 other than the time period covered?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

I pulled a Gus move and asked a bunch of questions without doing a single bit of research on my own first.  I win!   8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Bismarck

Quote from: Toonces on August 08, 2013, 11:07:25 PM
This is basically CK2 set in a different time period, right?

Or...what makes this significantly different from CK2 other than the time period covered?

I daresay CK2 didn't have the Reformation or Portuguese colonies. Then, of course, tech and trade are very different.
Jim Cobb