How do you spell relief? F-R-I-D-A-Y!

Started by MetalDog, December 13, 2013, 07:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Quote from: Tuna on December 13, 2013, 08:05:48 AM
Probably lots of FSX... Maybe I will try and pick something 'else' to break out of this rut!... Long weekend after all, have Monday off..

MetalDog want to try and attempt an ACW pbem game?

Absolutely!  PM me the details of what I need to do on my end to make it happen.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

KyzBP

I only have a one day weekend this weekend so after a game Snowfall: Chronicles of an Angry Shoveler, I'll be putting in my new PSU and graphics card.  Then I plan to finally check out Skyrim, Wasteland 2, and Front Office Football 7.

I really hope my family wasn't interested in seeing me today.

W8taminute

I'll be playing:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Space Empires IV: Star Wars mod
maybe a little of Birds of Steel
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

I'm completely enthralled with Wings Over Flanders Fields

But if I need to take a break I may learn & play The Hunters solitaire on ZunTzu or Vassal since my box probably won't show up until next week or worse.  Or continue my Picket Duty campaign (also solitaire tabletop) if I can get a rules question answered.

Martok

Currently playing a little Rome II while also watching the Vikings game. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Kushan

Got sucked away from Rome 2 by the Hearthstone beta's siren call while I watch the cheeseheads.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Mad Russian

Quote from: Kushan on December 13, 2013, 03:31:50 PM

If I can tear myself away from Rome 2 and CK2, I may play some FC:RS and Command, but its unlikely I'll play either given how neither one seemed to hold my interest last weekend.

What is not holding your interest with FPC:RS? I've been working on adding content. Is there something you want to see that's not there? If so maybe I can put what you would like to see on my To Do List.

Or is this just a game preference issue?

In any case, thanks for buying the game. I hope it will come back on your play list soon.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

mikeck

Mad Russian, you guys have made a fabulous game, I shouldn't speak for Kushan but if he is like me, sometimes even the most polished and well made game will leave you staring at the monitor wondering if you should play something else.

Anyway, I had planned on playing X-rebirth and Histwar this weekend. Instead I spent all of my game time on Endless Space. Who knew.

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Kushan

Quote from: Mad Russian on December 15, 2013, 08:25:31 PM
What is not holding your interest with FPC:RS? I've been working on adding content. Is there something you want to see that's not there? If so maybe I can put what you would like to see on my To Do List.

Or is this just a game preference issue?

In any case, thanks for buying the game. I hope it will come back on your play list soon.

As mikeck says, in this case its more of a preference issue. I've been working long weeks at work the last few months and its left me feeling more then a little burnt out. I find it easier to relax with a game like Crusader Kings 2 or Distant Worlds where I can just let the game run without a lot of thinking or input from me.

FC:RS is a fabulous game, and I really appreciate you adding more content. And free content at that. IMO FC:RS is the best wargame of the year. I did get a game of a Time to Dance as NATO in early this morning. I love how every time I play it, it turns out just a little differently. I'm about split even on my win loss ratio for it. In too many games each scenario plays out exactly the same every time you play it once you find the "perfect" deployment. The fact that each scenario plays out just a little differently each time in FC:RS is a real testament to the game design and the time you guys spent on it.

I would really like to see some scenarios where NATO is on the offensive. It doesn't have to be some grand counter attack scenario (although that could be fun as well  ;D), a scenario where you command NATO forces in a spoiling attack on the soviet flank/rear areas is what I want. I know NATO probably would have been on the defensive had the ball really dropped, but it would be a good change of game play from the constant do or die defensive actions.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

mikeck

Agreed. Some scenarios where NATO is on the attack would be great. The NATO strategy wasn't just to play rope-a-dope but to launch counter attacks in an attempt to disrupt soviet reinforcements and rear echelon reinforcement. Maybe a few large counter attack scenarios where NATO units attack a WP position in an attempt to cutoff front line units and destroy the WP Support troops (command, artillery)
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Toonces

It's been Rising Storm all day today.

Guess who is 4 for 4 leading his team to victory as Team Leader?

BANZAI!!!111!!

8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Bison

Did some ass kicking with my Sith.  I love me some Star Wars.

MetalDog

Warlock.  Everything max, eliminate all the mages as only VC.  Already have one down and at the gates of another.  Only Turn 91.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Anguille

BanzaiCat