Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Saw them 3 times

Opening for Rush at the Dean Dome.  Great show - solid set, focused performance, rocking like crazy

Closing Lollapalooza - f*cking awful, but I thought maybe it was a residual thing from the rest of that show being awful.  I liked Dino Jr, AIC, Fishbone (roadied them 2 years earlier), and Primus, and every one of them played like canned ass that night

Headlining local big-club gig - dreadful.  totally, completely, absolutely dreadful.  They were unfocused, tried to much to 'jam' extemporaneously and fail miserably, bass & drums totally unsynch'ed, and they actually argued with each other about what song to play next.  The crowd was too drunk to notice so Primus just kept doing it

2 outta 3 was enough to make me not go back to see them again
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

-budd-

theme tonight what ever random shit comes to my mind.

the starter

Billy Thorpe...children of the sun

scorpions ..Pictured Life

A An,An,An,Another Piece of Meat
Scorpions

Iron maiden...Revelations.................LIVE

Flash of the Blade

Black Sabbath...Into The Void

The eye candy finish

I usually end with the eye candy ...but damn "Master of Reality" is one of my favorite albums, had to add the Embryo/Children of the grave combo...had to spin the whole album after i listened to into the void.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

MetalDog

Opened up Rdio to listen to whilst I do a few chores.  These are the albums on my home page:

Along with Donovan's Greatest Hits, which I can't find a copy of on YouTube.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

-budd-

A little music break from CO2

gotta have a good kick off song
Drowning Pool.....Bodies

Black Label Society....Stillborn

Disturbed....Indestructible

the eye candy finish
Fastway.....Bad, Bad Girls
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Windigo

With the wife going on a holiday Tuesday we had some shared time this w/e. Her Netflix choice was Pitch Perfect... it did have a hot red head in it.

Thought I'd share some misery

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bayonetbrant

Dude - Pitch Perfect has some excellent hilarity in it.  Don't hate. Ameliorate.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Windigo

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 30, 2015, 09:28:04 AM
Dude - Pitch Perfect has some excellent hilarity in it.  Don't hate. Ameliorate.

"a ca whatever"   :P

MetalDog

Pitch Perfect is pretty awesome.  They can sing and most of them are smoke shows.  The sequel is due out May 15, 2015.

Windigo

Quote from: MetalDog on March 30, 2015, 11:31:04 AM
Pitch Perfect is pretty awesome.  They can sing and most of them are smoke shows.  The sequel is due out May 15, 2015.

The female lead has a hall of fame face ... for the Kentucky Derby :D

MetalDog

And you'd kick her out of bed for humming?

bayonetbrant

there's a kazoo joke in there somewhere

BanzaiCat

Martok

^  I like their sound...but I also have the most confused boner after listening to them.  ??? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

pfffft....  gimme this instead

BanzaiCat

I thought this was more your speed, Brant...