SHELFIES!

Started by bayonetbrant, January 09, 2017, 06:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Barthheart on January 10, 2017, 11:52:21 AM
What I wouldn't give to get a all-nighter game of Line in the Sand going at Origins. Such a great underrated game... if you play with the full diplo rules that is.

My game group has played it a few times to great merriment and frustration of all. Think Diplomacy with tanks and planes.

Our last game resulted in a multi-side tie that drove one member to promise not play again for 10 years.... which is only 11 months from now... not that anyone is counting... >:D

Are you talking about that TSR 1991 or so board game?

I actually own it and played it once...once. Diplo was a lot of fun in that one.

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 10, 2017, 12:30:18 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 10, 2017, 11:52:21 AM
What I wouldn't give to get a all-nighter game of Line in the Sand going at Origins. Such a great underrated game... if you play with the full diplo rules that is.

My game group has played it a few times to great merriment and frustration of all. Think Diplomacy with tanks and planes.

Our last game resulted in a multi-side tie that drove one member to promise not play again for 10 years.... which is only 11 months from now... not that anyone is counting... >:D

Are you talking about that TSR 1991 or so board game?

I actually own it and played it once...once. Diplo was a lot of fun in that one.

Yep, that's the game.

BanzaiCat

I remember the U.S. player lost Diego Garcia to the Iraqis.  :DD

All kinds of weird crap can happen in that one.

GroggyGrognard

Jeez, and I thought I had a wargame hoarding disorder.

Behind my copies of W1815 and Strategy & Tactics is a copy of Eldritch Horror and two expansions.

Also, I have copies of Combat Commander Battle Packs Normandy, Stalingrad, and Sea Lion.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Silent Disapproval Robot

All my Wings of Glory minis are in the big, black battlefoam bag and the X-Wing stuff is in the green one.  Much of my Sails of Glory stuff is in the 4 translucent containers at the top of the shelf.  Got a bunch more that just arrived a few weeks ago just piled up on one shelf until I get some more storage stuff.

Cyrano

@Barth/B_C:  I'm just saying that Enterprise Games -- a proud sponsor of Grogheads Central Command -- stocks used games.  Included in that collection -- I checked -- is "A Line in the Sand".

THURSDAY NIGHT GAME DEMO AT FORT KICKASS!!
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

I'd post pics but my office is a mess. I need to straighten some things out and then I'll show the glorious chaos that is my game collection.

Barthheart

Quote from: Cyrano on January 11, 2017, 10:52:40 AM
@Barth/B_C:  I'm just saying that Enterprise Games -- a proud sponsor of Grogheads Central Command -- stocks used games.  Included in that collection -- I checked -- is "A Line in the Sand".

THURSDAY NIGHT GAME DEMO AT FORT KICKASS!!

YEAH BABY!  \m/

Barthheart

OK here's my shelves of greatness. Still have to add Jutland and Wing Leader: Supremacy to the mix.

undercovergeek

Barthheart

mirth

Nice 3D Chess board.

And where can I get one of those cool FCRS mugs? :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on January 13, 2017, 08:06:24 AM

Grogheads Fort Kickass at ORIGINS.

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on January 13, 2017, 08:08:26 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 13, 2017, 08:06:24 AM

Grogheads Fort Kickass at ORIGINS.

Can I just buy one of yours?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Barth's still missing one  :-[

As is Brant, actually...