There...better!

Started by Cyrano, October 04, 2015, 09:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

That's funny...I assumed our Scandinavian friends had multi-tasked...

It worked brilliantly for the lifting and is now, indeed, being used to secure it to the wall.

Honestly, as it's on a hardwood floor, I was uncertain as to the necessity, but she insisted...and, in these matters, I happily defer.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

LongBlade

Quote from: Cyrano on October 06, 2015, 09:39:03 AM
That's funny...I assumed our Scandinavian friends had multi-tasked...

It worked brilliantly for the lifting and is now, indeed, being used to secure it to the wall.

Honestly, as it's on a hardwood floor, I was uncertain as to the necessity, but she insisted...and, in these matters, I happily defer.

Don't know where you live, but that strap doubles as stability in case of an earthquake.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

panzerde

Jim is far more likely to have snow up to his 2nd floor windows than he is to have an earthquake. We might still feel a tremor or two from the New Madrid here in Indy. Jim is mostly concerned with mutant catfish from Lake Michigan!

Still, the strap is a good idea.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bayonetbrant

Just don't let Star hear anything about a strap and multitasking
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers