What happened to the wargames group on facebook?

Started by bickford, April 17, 2016, 09:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bickford

It is gone, was there last week but now Poof gone vanished. Was it deleted shutdown?
Did facebook change their bloody layout again? Or maybe my settings were reset somehow?
If the group is still active can someone post a link please?

GJK

The "wargames" or the "wargamers" group?  Wargamers is still there for me.  "Wargames" asks if you would like to play a game (professor)....
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

ABD

Brant has it.

You were probably banned mate. That moderator over there got his knickers in a twist when members rightly called bullshit on that "wargamers harassing women" hoax.
Anyone that disagreed with him politically he banned lock stock and barrel. No questions asked, no warnings, no appeal. Not very "progressive" of him, is it.... ^-^

If you, or anyone else, were banned just head over to the new wargamer friendly facebook group setup.
No political correctness bull to wade through, just wargaming, speak your mind and relax.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NoOffenseGaming/

Wes

Quote from: ABD on April 19, 2016, 07:01:22 PM

If you, or anyone else, were banned just head over to the new wargamer friendly facebook group setup.
No political correctness bull to wade through, just wargaming, speak your mind and relax.

Wait a minute...I thought that was here... :)
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

Staggerwing

Quote from: Wes on April 19, 2016, 08:09:29 PM

Wait a minute...I thought that was here... :)

And so it is!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

You were probably banned mate. That moderator over there got his knickers in a twist when members rightly called bullshit on that "wargamers harassing women" hoax.
Anyone that disagreed with him politically he banned lock stock and barrel. No questions asked, no warnings, no appeal. Not very "progressive" of him, is it.... ^-^

Well, I weighed in on the issue on my own with my weekly column, but I'm not going to ban anyone for disagreeing with me as long we're just having a discussion.  I'm also not the only admin voice around here, so just annoying me isn't likely to get anyone the boot.  There's a half dozen people that might weigh in before someone gets trap-doored :D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

tons of fun right now with some guy trying to argue that the FLGS is a failing business model b/c it's basically the same thing as a video rental store

ABD

Brant has the right idea. That old wargamers group on facebook is nothing but a cesspool of Kickstarter ads, game company shills and trolls looking for flames wars.

Everyone just do yourselves a favor skip the drama and join up the new group.

bickford

QuoteYou were probably banned mate. That moderator over there got his knickers in a twist .....Anyone that disagreed with him politically he banned lock stock and barrel. No questions asked, no warnings, no appeal. Not very "progressive" of him, is it.... ^-^
After some research this must be what happened, banned for one tiny attempt at a witty joke in a thread full of garbage.
ABD is correct, the moderator Luke Sineath went on a rampage and banned any conservative comments. FU!
In 2016 we are still banning people?!?

QuoteEveryone just do yourselves a favor skip the drama and join up the new group.

Thanks for the link, I'm signed up for new group. It already feels 10x better than the quagmire the old wargamers group has become.

Double Deuce

Yeah, that "wargamers harassing women" hoax hit the RPG groups hard to. Anyone posting in any of them not supporting the correct position was bashed and or banned. I think I dumped like 8-10 groups all in the same week. Glad to see the other, new groups so 'accepting of refugees'.  >:D