Main Menu

Surprise!

Started by GDS_Starfury, February 02, 2023, 06:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

did anyone else have chinese spy balloons on their bingo card?
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

QuoteIn previous instances, Chinese high-altitude balloons did not loiter for long over the continental U.S., a senior defense official said.

what previous instances?  :headscratch:

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

I had zebras from Burkina Faso. Oh well maybe tomorrow.

In case anyone is wondering:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64507225

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Quote from: Gusington on February 02, 2023, 08:44:45 PMI had zebras from Burkina Faso. Oh well maybe tomorrow.

In case anyone is wondering:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64507225

They couldn't make stealth ballons?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

they bought it off alibaba

Gusington

Maybe this was an attempt at a stealth balloon...that everyone saw  :ROFL:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sigwolf

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 02, 2023, 07:45:02 PM
QuoteIn previous instances, Chinese high-altitude balloons did not loiter for long over the continental U.S., a senior defense official said.

what previous instances?  :headscratch:
What "previous instances"... how about what "loitering"?  This senior defense official doesn't really know how balloons work?

GDS_Starfury

way isnt it being deflated?

Sir Slash

The danger of falling debris, over Montana? To what, Prairie Dogs? And why don't we have a Falling Chinese Spy Balloon emote?  :rollingpin:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Groggy

So you're telling me an $800 billion/year defense budget can't stop a balloon?
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

W8taminute

Chinese state controlled media (Global Times News) is mocking the US air defense system as nothing but a decoration.  It's on Twitter which I got a notification on Telegram for.

I'd post the link but don't know how to work a phone as I am old.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Groggy

''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

Gusington

This seems like a great opportunity for the US to diplomatically tell the Chinese to 'f*ck around and find out' how much of a decoration the US air defense system really is.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

A second balloon spotted??

QuoteCanada said it was monitoring a "potential second incident" relating to a balloon. China has yet to respond to this statement.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/china-spy-balloon-us-montana-canada-rcna68953
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tripoli

Depending on the altitude of the ballon, it may be a bigger problem to shoot down.  It likely doesn't have much of a radar signature, or heat signature, so using missiles may be difficult.  An F-15 ceiling is around 65,000 feet, so if this Ballon is higher than that shooting it down could be difficult.  Directed energy weapons (If any are available) might work, but that risks giving away a capability of a system, so they may make the choice not to. It might be worth considering using a LGM if you could paint the ballon with a the laser and then fire a missile at it.  (I'm not saying this would work: It is just an idea).

I suspect that at the end of the day, this is more of a problem to shoot down.  I believe that the fear of damage on the ground from debis is an excuse.  This is allegedly the 2nd such ballon, and it was tracked (allegedly) from Alaska and Canada to Montana.  That area is fundamentally empty, so the chance of significant debris damage is minor.  I suspect the PRC is sending these over to score cheap humiliation points, as they could have likely gotten any intelligence collectable from this device by other (and possibly more covert) means
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln